EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

[~Solo~] Of Demon Folks...

(Note: Takes place about one year after the events of: Mean Streets and is part of a continuing story)

One year later....

Nosdyn sat there deep in thought. They'd won their first tangible campaign against N'Jal. His mind was pondering several matters that were present, though he appeared to be the brutish type. His Acolyts, his Priests....knew better. Somewhere in that powerful shell of a Warrior...there was a thinking man. He kept his hands folded under his chin. He was focusing on the particular scent of his wife. The perfume smelled like lilacs...he'd asked her to never take it off. She never did. Somewhere in all that craziness..Illsandra and Nosdyn made sense...they completed each other. They'd been there for approximately a few hours, talking, discussing...planning strategy. It was how he operated. Every piece on the battlefield had a purpose.

Nosdyn opened his eyes. "I have called for this meeting." He began. "It has been about a year since we defeated N'Jal's temple in The Under." The gathered Acolytes listened to him speak. His wife...she was observing for something else in the silence. "A lot has happened for us...we have grown. But there is something that I must tell you all now." Nosdyn said carefully. He motioned for The Male Priest to come forth. "You told me once, when the time comes I will be ready to reveal why I am helping you all." Nosdyn said, there was a grim tone in his voice, but no malice. "That time has now arrived."

The Priest nodded towards Nosdyn. "By your command, my lord." He said.

"When I first found your people in Corone...there was a spell caster that did something to me." Nosdyn said. It was difficult to word it exactly. "You saw the reaction when The Phantaria Gate reacted to my touch. It was a part of that." Nosdyn was serious, he was trying to reveal to them information that would become important to them all. "They did something to my head." Nosdyn admitted. "I wasn't actually sure of it until the moment I touched that Gate." Nosdyn looked at them. "When I found YOU all here in Ettermire herself...you were different from the ones of Corone. I saw a people I could SAVE."

The Priest nodded, he was the defacto speaker for his people, their representative. "My lord...you and my people...we're not so different." He said calmly and continued to speak. "Fate brought us all together." He looked at Nosdyn. "Whatever troubles you...you can confide in us."

Nosdyn felt Illsandra's hand on his shoulder squeezing gently providing a source of comfort. Nosdyn nodded. "I just wanted you all to know the why...I owed you that much." It was difficult for him to speak in such an honest and forth coming sort of way. "Now my friends...if you all don't mind. Me and my wife...have matters to discuss." He said with a soft smile.

The Priest took his leader's meaning. And nodded with a grin of his own. Soon, Illsandra and Nosdyn were left in the chamber alone.

"He was not wrong." She said to her husband quietly.

Nosdyn looked at her carefully, trying to see the emotion on her face, her eyes. "Which part of it?"

"We're not all so different. You accepted my people's ways my husband. You were under no obligation to do so." She said quietly.

Nosdyn nodded in silence. "You accepted me as well. Knowing where I come from." Nosdyn placed his hand on the side of her face very gently. "Not very many would have given me that courtesy. You saw beyond...politics and strife. You saw...ME." Nosdyn said quietly...and for the second time in front of his wife...he cried before her. "No secrets between us my love." He said the silent promise to her out loud.

She nodded back. "No secrets." Shortly there after, they kissed...and accompanied each other to their bed for the rest of the night.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-12-2019 at 08:12 PM.