The next day...

Nosdyn and Xyllea were at the place where he would train the children of the Ettermire slums. To his surprise, they were all there waiting for him. Nosdyn nodded towards them...he'd wanted Xyllea present. He walked over towards Lancaster's son. He knelt down before the boy. "You have strength in you, young one." He said to the boy, trying to be as honest as he could be. "One day, you will be a General." This was as much about him trying to pass on his Father's teachings as it was trying to give those lost kids hope.

The Lancaster boy nodded at that point. "You will always have the hole in your heart, but me and your friend, Xyllea we all will help you live with it."

Demons were often a war-scarred and battle-hardened group. But somehow, Illsandra had changed Nosdyn for the better. Nosdyn nodded calmly. "Today we will not go over martial tactics. Today I have something else to teach." Nosdyn said quietly. He motioned for Xyllea to come to them.

She did so and knelt down before the children. She knew what he was about to tell them...it would be necessary for both of their great people to heal, to recover from past hatreds and prejudices.

Nosdyn started to talk at that point. He began very simply, as he always had in the past...as he always spoke when it came to matters of the heart. He was not trying to sell those kids anything, he didn't want anything in return. All he wanted...was to give them hope. "Let me tell you a story."