EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The next day...

Since they'd brought Nosdyn home they worked around the clock. But the priestess was noticing something well into the second day, she just had to make sure before she troubled the master with her concern. At one point she, herself, looked at N'Jal. "My master...it's not working. Nothing we're doing is slowing the effects of whatever Xyllea did to him. The sorcery is acting as a counter-agent to whatever we attempt." She said to N'Jal. "My master...he's fading."

N'Jal nodded at that point and understood. "Step away from him...I must do this myself. I believe I know what this magic is." She walked over towards the alter where Nosdyn lay on and she placed both her hands on his head. As she had done one other time since Fate brought them together...she entered his mind...she would have to save him herself.

Nosdyn awoke in the same fog-filled dimension as before. He somehow knew he was dying. Strangely...he was at peace with it. Each time he'd entered the place some horrible tragedy happened. A voice called out to him...N'Jal. "I am here, my master."

N'Jal entered the dimension and walked right up to him. "The situation is grave Nosdyn. My healer's magics are no longer of any use to whatever Xyllea did to you. I can save you but I need one thing from you." N'Jal would always ask him for permission, she'd grown to respect and admire him since the time they were adversaries.

Nosdyn thought about what he was hearing, but he trusted N'jal, he would give anything for her. "What would you ask of me?"

N'Jal was right in front of him at that point. "I need your love once more for this to work." N'Jal said.

Nosdyn knew, in other words...she needed his permission. But he didn't mind it really...he belonged by N'Jal's side. He pulled her close to him and physically showed her his answer rather than speak it. He kissed her deeply.

That would have been enough for N'Jal to work her power over death itself...
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-25-2019 at 04:15 PM.