Mikael Leviasi ia Saiph

Mikael wandered through the hallways, his footsteps echoing off the pristine marble white stone wall and floor, his eyes lazily focused on the small scroll in his hands. There was no natural light, so the young elf made do with the mage fire burning along the walls to read his scroll, not that it contained much worth but it distracted Mikael from the hallway itself. It never felt warm, nor inviting to walk through his family’s home, at least not anymore.

The purity of the marble white stone acted more as a test to grade himself against, to assure he was free of stain, than of anything else. The stonework showed master craftsmanship of the stone mason, a reminder of how Mikael must be like a stone but also readily flexible to allow the masters to fit him into the family. His father needed no physical chains to clasp this young elf to the family, the sheer force of will that surrounded Mikael encased him with a chain unlike any other.

Stopping near a turn in the hallway, Mikael sighed as he took a small side-step back, the next moment a translucent hand swatted past Mikael’s face and the owner of the translucent hand nearly collided with the corner of the wall. With a slight gasp and a final grunt, the would-be attacker landed on the floor with a soft thud. Of course, the floor was stone so nothing soft about such crash landing, the groan of pain emitting from the translucent figure was evident to such fact.

A bemused expression slotted into Mikael’s face, but as the figure slowly lost their translucent quality, Mikael’s face returned to the rigidness that it was once minutes before. The figure was another elf, though unlike Mikael, the elf in question had rather dark brown locks of hair and the most bright green eyes. His face was rather torn between laughing and wincing in pain, and perhaps unfortunately for Mikael, the laughter won out and the noble elf winced at the sudden loudness of the fallen elf.

“Quiet Nassa,” Mikael barked as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his left hand and gave Nass the most annoyed of looks. “-You’re lucky to be terrible with concealment as I am masterful with my senses, else you might have found yourself concussed and bleeding.”

His words held a bite, but this only encouraged Nass to laugh some more as he slowly stood back up, shaking off what was left of his pain. “-And you’re lucky I am smart enough to know that about you! Else you would need to explain why you dirtied the floor with someone’s blood.”

Mikael narrowed his eyes to a near slit, and displayed no other emotion past annoyance. Nassa, or Nas'satho'lor, a name Nass was never fond of, stood only half a meter away from Mikael as the two elves stared at one another. Neither appeared ready to admit to any sort of fault so Nassa took another step forward and placed one hand on Mikael’s chest and the other on top of his shoulder, “-Come now Mikael, unlike you I only spend a few hours here and I’m ready leave the moment my time is up, I can only imagine how it must be like for you!”

The hallway around them both continued to glow faintly by the mage fire, accenting the pure white marble that layered both the floor and walls. The two lone figures remained still for a moment but that changed when Mikael took a single step forward, this caused Nassa to take a step back, his eyes continued to look into Mikael’s own, hopeful in fact. Mikael simply uttered “-Hands off. Out of my way.” His eyes narrowed further, his words turned cold and his presence seemed to fill the hallway.

Nassa slowly moved his hands away, and took another step back as he turned his head and began to leave but suddenly Mikael spoke “Stop.” Nassa turned back but couldn’t meet Mikael’s gaze, something felt heavy in the air and he wasn’t sure how to approach Mikael. Or even if he should at all.

Mikael eyed Nassa for all but a moment before speaking “Never come to this side of my home.” Mikael turned around, his back facing Nassa as he continued along the hallway. The tension in the air left as Mikael left Nessa there, but the young Elf didn’t feel guilty, or anything much besides impatience.

His footsteps echoed for several moments, his scroll no longer near his eyes but falling to his side, barely held by his fingers. Mikael looked at the walls around and with an almost wistful air about him he touched the walls. Perhaps, it’s not so bad here. The marble white stone remained pristine even through decades of his travels through these very hallways, it all remained so pure and strong.

Mikael knew his future was certain. Certain as the very stones his family had laid before him.