EXP required for next Level: 2,705

GP

Name
    Hanuh Lulia Icebreaker-Tabor Toivonen
    Race
    Mostly human with some elf

View Profile
    “Why did the ancestors of the new elves leave Raiaera?”

I shifted as I sat in my bed. “It was the rise against ignorance. There was a group of elves disgusted with Raiaera’s reliance on magic and ancient religion. So, they formed their own group. When they were outcast by the magic worshippers, they migrated to what would be called Alerar today.”

My master closed the book gently, nodding. “Very good.”

I looked away from him, unsure why. As I looked outside the window of my room, I took notice of the birds flying happily in the air. It struck something in me I could not describe. Yet, my mind was pulled back to the tower as my master spoke from his chair. “It is nearly time, Hanuh.”

I turned to look at him again. He was sitting gently in the wooden chair, legs crossed as he placed the book on the stand next to him with quiet grace. His eyes narrowed as he watched me. “You have not yet mastered your family’s true power. However, you are a remarkable fighter; and, of course, your knowledge and education are top notch.”

Nervous anxiety flooded the me. I nervously pulled her hair behind my ear repeatedly, awaiting where he was going. I knew he always had plans, but this was the first time he let me in on it. I waited, anxious anticipation causing my chest to flutter. I squeezed the wooden nob at the edge of my bed. The dark elf smiled, it was something that made me… unusually uncomfortable… yet, I listened to his every word like the good servant I was.

“Hanuh,” He lowered his head, “I will be taking control of all of Alerar.”

My heart exploded for a moment. I grasped the nob of my bed corner tighter than before. I looked up, a strange sense of doom flooding my mind. “Isn’t that trea-“

-A headache. A headache pounded in my brain again. I reached up and clasped my forehead in pain. Another one? These headaches came about occasionally and I loathed them every time. I looked up at my master, as if he could somehow alleviate them. My vision was blurred, I was unable to read his expression.

“Treason?” Even if my vision was blurred, I could still see him place his hand on his heart. “Hanuh, why would I betray my people?” He got up, walking towards the larger window of the room and looking outside. “I am saving them.”

I still grasped her head, tears flooding my eyes, as he spoke. Despite all the pain, his words were clear. “King Edari’axa was a fine leader, his child on the other hand…” He shook his head, “King Edari’exe is weak. He cannot lead his people like the sloth he is. No…”

My master clasped his hands behind his back. My headache was finally starting to die down as tears fell from my eyes. “It is bizarre for someone to become a Graf, let alone a Freigraf, without being born into it. I am one of those few. The Freigraf was incompetent, and no one in his family was fit to replace him. Thus, I spent in and saved the day like a glorious eagle.”

I wiped the tears from my eyes as he continued. “Now, I am the second most powerful person in my beloved country. From a simple alchemist, to a leader And now, I will be the leader.”

I looked up to see him clenching his fist as he gazed outside. Determination swelled in his confident face as he turned to me. It struck me on the spot. “And you, child, will be my personal guard in all of this.”

He turned to face me; hands clasped behind his back. “It had taken me fifteen years to rise to this moment, but I am confident this coup will succeed. I have allies, I have the support of the people. Now, reform shall reign!” He nodded to me, I felt her head steadily throbbing in a mild, numb ring. “And I hereby proclaim you my personal protector. You will be responsible for my safety in the fight for my rightful place. I trust you shall succeed.”

"Hanuh, your time has come."
    Last edited by Ignis Glaciesque; 04-28-2020 at 09:58 AM.
    ~ Songs of Hanuh ~

"Set my world on fire
    Cause I want to watch it burn"
    - Glasslands, Deadman.