The further the group traveled down the road, the darker the aura. The ling abandoned, cracked stone road was leading off the main path, near where a small pond would of sustained any villagers, if they still lived here. The clear landscape was flooded the a sense of foreboding, as the group of six were the only living beings here. Not even a bird chirped in the distance as Morloth took over as navigator of the pack.

Felicity's magic affinity was definitely flaring now. She shuddered as the magic in the air flooded her with discomfort and anxiety. She pulled her hands behind her back and fiddled with her fingers. From beside her, Column scowled, "It's too quiet..."

Felicity nodded in agreement. Column sighed an exasperated sigh, turning to Felicity with a weary frown. "I admit, you were right to bring just a small squad."

Felicity turned directly towards him, walking sideways, with a tilted head. Column let out a brief, dry laugh, "A small group is far better for a situation like this than an army."

Felicity nodded slowly, hopeful that she had gained this officer's respect. Still, as he turned away, his eyes regained their bitter tint. "Still, I will have to see you in command during battle to know you were the right choice."

Hot anger exploded in Felicity's chest, "Lord Osiris himself chose me!"

"He made mistakes in the past," Column said, "He lead us into an entire war that wound up wasted. He could of made a mistake with you."

The words stung. They stung like the bite of a bullet ant, and Felicity seethed in the pain. "I'm doing everything I can to make this work!"

"You may," Column turned to her with a jaded look, "But not everyone is made to lead. I know I'm not..." With that, he jogged up to where Gemshine was, behind Morloth. Felicity shook her head ins dismay. How could he!

Before Felicity could delve too much in the revenge fantasies in her mind, Morloth called from ahead. "Check this out!"

Instantly, the entire group was crowded around Morloth. Being the shortest, Felicity had to push between the two remaining foot-soldiers to see what Morloth was pointing at. On the ground, wasting away in the open, was a decaying cow.

"Oh!" The human woman pulled back, lunging over with a bout of nausea. Felicity had to admit, the cow was disgusting. The raw, already rotted meat was churning as they watched in some sort of acid reaction. This was far, far from normal. With no bugs around to decompose the corpse, a much faster curse was doing it instead. And oh, the odor! Felicity pulled back, stepping away from where the male soldier was helping the female stand while she emptied her stomach's contents. Felicity felt rather sick as well, her magic affinity screaming is displeasure.

"That," Felicity called to the three commanders, "That is magic! I can feel it!"

"I'm right!" Gemshine turned with a mixture of joy and horror in her eyes, "But why did I have to be right about this!"

"This Nuckelavee," Column grimly drew his arming sword, "It needs to die."

Morloth stepped away from the carnage, pointing towards the direction of the nearby pond, "See that?"

All eyes turned to see a strange, green mist in the distance. Felicity's eyes widened as Morloth spoke, "That is where I last saw it."