Goblins, more goblins, and even more goblins ran rampant through out the mines outside of the village, and there were plenty of rangers, swordsmen, mercenaries, and want to be sorcerers all clambering on top of one another to kill them. Yeah I was good not delving into mines to slay the next up, and coming goblin leader. The idea actually crossed my mind to stride into the mines, cruse the nearest goblin chiefs head with my bare hands, and start taking over the goblins, one tribe at a time before running rough shod across the village. Then I remembered all the want to be heroes clambering to win the "good fight" They would first annoy me, then overwhelm me.

Instead, I went to the tavern, lots of those around here a haven for all the hometown heroes. If anything more interesting came up some poor schlub would show up asking for help. Yes, I was sitting at a table, in a tavern waiting on a job to show up. It was quite like my activity was straight out one of the campy tales bards tale for our entertainment. I ordered a drink, I started out light straight vodka, but by the time midnight rolled around I was down to liquids that absorbed into your skin, and gave you hallucinations. Due to the...gift to be able to rapidly heal getting drunk was an interesting, if the night lingered I would start working my way down the alchemical products list.

Suddenly! The bar tender started to close up shop, as patrons left chairs, and stools were put on the nearest table, or portion of bar. Bottles, mugs, tankards, horns, and all other means of beverage containment were gathered, and taken into the back. I took the hint, and paid my tab, and proceeded to exit the tavern. I was stone sober, I smelled like booze, but was cogent.

The night was beautiful, clear, cool, the moon was new making the world nearly pitch black with the torch light causing an orange umbra throughout the streets. It was quiet with only the things of the night scurrying about. Owls, rats, and so on.

It came to me faint, the cold clear ring of a bell. It was a deep bell, not shrill but it rang clear. The ringing would stop, and I would hear the impact of a hammer on the bell, followed once again by the ringing. It rang soft, and clear and went beyond my hearing, there was a compulsion to it, not very strong but it was there. If I was drunk I would be lead toward the ringing. That was interesting.

It was by my will alone that I set my mind in motion. I sat my self down, and waited for other patrons to exit the bar, and hear the ringing.