Taking a chance based on all the clues that told me he was a noble, or a merchant of some sort, and thus not needing money I asked “ Can you hold on to my winnings? I have no safe place to keep it.”

The gentleman cantered his head, and asked “oh, and you think I do?”

I smirked, and replied “I think you are someone that if my money disappears from your hands, you have the resources to get it back in a pinch.”

He smiled, clean straight, white teeth formed a formidable grin “I will watch your winnings.” I thanked him, and ordered food normally you don’t get a lot of variety as a commoner mostly roasted meat of some kind, and root vegetables. So tonight I ordered a veritable feast of roasted meat, a full loaf of bread, and a wedge of cheese plus a full bottle of wine. I would have ordered a full cask but that would have cut into too much of my winnings.

I was starting to wonder what sort of trap the bitter lady would try for the morning, and the day after that, and the day after that. I had royally pissed her off, and she was the kind of bitter bitch to not forgive me for breathing after something like that. That meant one thing escalation would start. It had already started, with the bitter want to be baroness trying to trap me with that money, I saw it coming a mile away, but I was sure she would try again.

She had to know that I was on to her, I told her I was on to her. I was so deep in thought as to how I was going to survive the long term because of the bitter lady’s ill perceived sleights that I didn’t hear the gentlemans talking to me. “What is on your mind son?” He asked probably the fifth time.

I shook off the haze of my concentration, and replied “If I were a betting man, and I am. Lady Rebecca isn’t done with me, at least not in any pleasurable sense.”

The gentleman chuckled “So you wouldn’t mind her not being done with you in a pleasurable one?”

I coughed, and took a pull from my wine at the suggestion “never really thought of it.”

The gentleman got the conversation back on track by asking “so what’s your next move?”

I thought for a moment, and finally replied “She’s really a blunt instrument, she’ll most likely try another what she thinks is a clever trap. I know she’s out to get me, and knowing that will keep me cautious. I think I shall stay visible, her little escapade earlier will let the entire town that she’s after me, and most people can’t stand the bitch. She’ll have no choice but to be sneaky which is out of her depth. I think tomorrow I will take a break from making a bet. Besides I have no money.”