Corone.

Felicity was home.

After growing up in Eiskalt, Felicity's uncle and cousin had whisked her away to Corone. Felicity had lived near Underwood until she was fourteen. The girl dashed to the edge of the ship, peering out to the green landscape dotted with trees. A deep smile grew on her face, excitement exploding in her chest. Within Corone, Whitevale and Shinsou Vaan Osiris were waiting for her. Her goal was nearly a reality now. It was August, and the summer air was quite the change compared to Salvar's bitter cold. Felicity usually loathed hot weather, but right now? Right now, she closed her eyes and soaked in the summer rays.

Only after several long moments did she remember that she had wanted to apologize to Leoric again.

Felicity spun around, trying to find Leoric in the chaos. Unfortunately and fortunately both, he could not be seen. Felicity sighed. She had looked forward so much to leaving this ship and Leoric behind. She had yearned for nothing more than to be the first one off this boat, never to see Leoric again. Yet, a strange sense of grief flooded her. Was she seriously going to miss this jerk once she left? She lifted her hand to her head. Giving her head a firm shake, she struggled to get her thoughts in order.

"Felicity Rhyolite."

Felicity stopped and turned to see the captain approaching her. Felicity instantly teared up. Well, the captain was probably one of the only people on this ship she truly liked. Now, they were parting ways.

"I'm going to miss you, capt'n." Felicity already was trying to wipe her tears.

The captain smiled, "It has been a pleasure carrying you. Whenever you need another ride, try to see if we can take you again."

Felicity smiled, "Thank you, capt'n. I appreciate it."

The captain reached into his pocket, "Oh, and one more thing."

Felicity was shocked when he produced a pouch of coin. "Blackwell said he had been joking about that double pay. Since I already had it ready though, he told me to give it to you."

What?

Leoric Blackwell had not only reverted to his original pay, but had money offered to Felicity? Felicity's hand shook as she half extended it towards the coin, "I can't take this..."

"Don't pretend you're not pleasantly surprised." The captain chuckled and placed the coin purse in her hand. It had healed from the cut a long time ago. The captain closed her hand around the patch and smiled, "Where are you headed after you leave us?"

With zero hesitation, Felicity responded. "Whitevale. My hometown. All I've ever wanted was to return there."

The captain nodded, "Makes sense. Need any help with your possessions?"

Felicity shook her head, "Thank you, capt'n. But I can handle it."

The captain extended his hand to shake her's. Felicity took his hand and they exchanged a firm handshake.

Soon enough, Felicity was packing her stuff. Felicity was not going to miss this tiny room. Although, she strangely felt that she would be missing training with Leoric in the morning. She gritted her teeth. Was she seriously going to miss Leoric? Leoric! She was so sure she never wanted to see him again before today struck. Now, she would have to say goodbye. Finishing strapping her weapons on, Felicity resolved to apologize to him one more time. Perhaps, her consciousness simply needed cleared. Flinging her bags over her shoulder, she turned and left the below deck behind once and for all.

"Bye, Seamus!" Felicity called to the strange man as she came above deck again. Seamus looked up from his current task and smiled, "I'll miss you, Felicity."

Felicity beamed, "You said my name!"

Seamus chuckled and returned to his tasks.

Felicity turned and walked towards the ramp of the now docked shop. Checking herself over one more time, she stopped at the top of the ramp.

She turned back to the ship and looked at it one more time. Felicity was strangely going to miss this crew. She even would miss Leoric. She had grown to... tolerate... Leoric Blackwell. Thinking of him, Felicity was unable to spot him in ship's chaos. Had he already left?

Felicity sighed. No closure, once again. It was strange, but she could relate to him. He and she both were unfortunate mistakes, growing up trying to find their ways. Their answers were different, obviously. Yet, they came from the same place. Felicity shook her head. He had so much potential, but only lived for himself.

Oh, like you? Felicity's inner critic berated her, You play hero, but he was right. You're only a failure.

Felicity squeezed the strap of one of her bags. She gritted her teeth, turning towards the docks. "Not today. Today, I'm one step closer to home. I won't be a failure to anybody once I save them all."

With boldness in her stride, Felicity walked down the ramp. She entered Corone, determined that she would not look back.