“I was alone in the middle of a forest with my Master for years, he also suffered from night terrors, i know that when they happen you shouldn't be left alone with your thoughts…. Come on let’s go train, I got a few pointers for you.” Surprisingly Leoric was not his usual self, instead he was calm, comforting, and talked like he knew what he was talking about for once. He walked up to the top deck and took off his Fur cloak and shuddered slightly in the cold embrace of the arctic waters. However instead of stopping here, he also took off his leather jacket and shirt, leaving his chest completely exposed to the elements.

He looked back in Felicity’s direction and entered ‘First stance’ a defensive stance that his master had drilled into him. His right foot was about a foot ahead of his left foot, he was in a slightly bent forward position, his right arm fully extended and his hand contorted to the left with only his thumb, index, and middle finger curled slightly while the rest were curled up into his palm. His left hand was in a similar shape just turned to his right while his left arm was bent at the elbow and practically hugging his chest.

“This is what we call First stance, it is your general stance you take at the beginning of a fight or if you are unsure what is coming next. It is easy enough to defend yourself from, and you can easily fire out a left hook for an attack.” he brought his hands together and pushed them down as he came back to a proper standing position and exhaled slightly as the wind around him seemed to stop and then come outwards from himself instead of the direction of the wind. “Now, you get into First stance.”

He grabbed an oar from the rowboat he used as his bedroom and put the paddle side down. As she took to the stance he quickly flipped the oar and tapped her with the handle side at every region that she was off of.

“Suck in that gut! Straighten out that back! Right arm elbow 45 degrees, not this stupid 37 degree crap you are pulling. Left wrist should be at your left nipple! Now, slow deep breathes in, hold for a five count then exhale, keep your eyes on a swivel, absorb all the information around you, let your senses become filled to their limit.” he took a step back and began to ebb and flow with the motion of the ocean, his arms gently waving back and forth as he seemed to be collecting something in his palms. With a few flourishes of his wrist, they wind he had been gathering blew forward and gently surrounded the red head, swirling around her legs and gently rising to ruffle her hair, and then quickly dispersed.

“You need to practice proper form, if you are even slightly off and you train like that, you are only solidifying bad habits.” Leoric’s eyes shifted for a second as he saw a few people come up on top deck for the morning shift and his mind immediately reverted to that of a 14 year old bully. He couldn’t let anyone know how soft he could be. He was a hardened uncaring asshole, that was his reputation. He had to keep it that way. He reached out his left hand and held up a pinky. “I pinky promise I won't make fun of you anymore, kay?”