It was morning, dawn patrol the sun was just barely winking on the horizon, those with the ability to greet the sun while balancing on planks of wood that float on large waves were doing just that. Just absolutely beautiful! I could be doing that, I could be easily doing that I enjoyed the water. But what I love was fishing!

I stood there the water as it receded was just below the knee, most of the waves were hitting me at just where the belt would be wrap around me, Over my shoulder was a net, a rope cast net weighted with led weights, one of which was in my mouth. I waited as the wave started to close in on me, I twisted, and threw the net in one smooth motion, l let the weight pop out from between my lips, and the net opened in a billowy circle. I could hear the air hiss through the individual threads of the net, followed by a soft splash, an instant later the frothy warm water hit me.

I waited a moment, and started pulling on the rope still in my hand, Once I felt tension on my rope, my net felt heavy. a good sign I was going for a bucket of anchovies, to go along with a bucket of sand fleas for the days fishing. If I don't catch a single thing today I can always fry the sand fleas, and have them as a snack.

I caught a dozen anchovies, and started gathering my net again, and another crystalline wave with a beautiful curl glistened on the horizon.