Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Already emotional, already jaded, I had been rammed into with tons of new information and explanations. This Remy had a lot of nerve speaking to me in that tone, trying to tower over me as if she were above me. I was a free individual who had just lost it all. More than ever, I was unwilling to put up with any kind of crap from anybody - especially a stranger who immediately thought herself higher than me.

Yet, her words caused me to hold my sharp tongue, for now. I was given an explanation of protection and nursing. I was told that everything Shinsou had done, he had done in my best interests.

At what cost, however, had he done this? If I had been facing Arius at his side, instead of floundering until I met Leoric, would my fate have been any worse or better? My uncle had done his best to protect me, long ago. I had not nessesarrily agreed with his methods. When he had died alone after I ran away from him though, it had crushed me. Regardless of our disagreements, I had loved him; and I never took the chance to prove it before his passing.

Even as I lowered the candle more, dripping more hot wax onto the cold floor, Shinsou interrupted Remy. I turned to see him... apologize. He apologized. Just like in the letter I still had with my belongings, he apologized. As opposed to just brushing it off, however, he showed true remorse for the miscommunication and methods. Repentance. Was it all just a misunderstanding? A misjudgement of my true needs? Had I, in my raging dark emotions, misjudged as well? Should I be sorry to?

No chance to try and figure it out, however. Even more information slammed into the frame of my mind. I was told of war, the past, and favors. Then, in respect to my proclamation of selfish independence, I was given a choice. He gave me the choice, join or stay.

A struggled to maintain balance. I felt hot and pale. The candle finally slipped from my hand. As it thudded on the floor, the flame fizzled out. After so long, my anger truly was burning out. Just like before our meeting, I was feeling drained and apathetic again. I was in the side of the room bathed in darkness. My heart was in darkness. I did not have the strength to care for this war, but I cared about Shinsou Vaan Osiris. I cared for the man who was so different from me, but ultimately cared even after I had just screamed at him with unknowingly false accusations. I knew, despite everything whirlwinding in my head, that I would not give him the same treatment as my uncle. For once, I was learning from the past. For once, I had a moment of sanity in my unhinged mental state. For everything that had happened, for everything happening, I had one answer.

The past was still there, the past mattered, but for the first time I felt like I was taking a step ahead of it. For the first time, healing seemed possible. Soft tears flooded my eyes.

My mentor and the councilwoman were bathed in the light of candles and torches. From the spanning darkness of my side of the room, from the shadows of my isolation and grief, I stepped into their light. I had purpose. This purpose, I would follow to sweet victory or the icy jaws of death.

"Where you go, teacher, I go."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 05-06-2021 at 05:55 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.