Evian blinked once, jolted from reverie as someone babbled at him rapidly, apologizing for something. It took him a moment to realize it was the young girl who had been knitting earlier, and another, longer moment to figure out that she was apologizing because her skein of yarn had tapped his foot. He honestly had not even noticed, and wouldn't have if she hadn't said anything.

"Easy, easy lass, it's nothing to worry about. If all it took to upset me was some thread nudging my foot, I'd be a sore example of a man." Evian held up one hand and tried to wave it in what he thought was a placating manner. He gulped down the last of his meat and vegetable skewer, then swallowed roughly before coughing once. That last bit had been a tad too large.

He rubbed at his throat before giving the young woman a wan smile. "Right. Afternoon to you, young lady. I'm sorry your yarn's going to be a bit dirty from the floor and my boot." He looked down, and winced. Hopefully the splash of blood on his boot had dried and not transferred to her thread. Evian sat up, tucking his feet back and out of the way. There was something odd about her that he didn't place at first - but as he looked down towards the yarn to help her start rolling it up, he blinked, his eyes widening slightly.

Those legs were not humanoid. Goat legs poked out beneath a short wrap of a skirt, hooves planted on the wood of the floor. This, she, was the first non-human he could remember meeting, and for a moment, old, old prejudices tried to rise up. He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling the prickle of scar tissue, and shoved those age old sentiments down - he was not going to judge anyone for being a magical race. Instead he smiled up at her as he moved from his seat to start rolling the threads up.

After all he had no idea how easy, or difficult, it was for her to kneel with those kegs. He knew that some animals, like horses, had trouble getting up if they fell but he didn't know how that translated to a faun. Looking closer now he could see a couple other details - like the points of tiny horns peeking out from her cap - but no one else seemed to be paying too much attention to the girl.

"Name's Evian." He offered.