I felt the blood finally drain from my cheeks a little, and the churning in my stomach subside as Leoric retrieved is loincloth.

His next words brought mixed emotions as I caught myself nervously tugging at my tunic. On the one hand, he seemed to remain tight-lipped about how I could settle our debt, gold would have been the easiest way, even if I only had a little. On the other, he seemed to be genuinely trying to make things right. My eyes drifted closed, and a long sigh uncoiled from my chest as my brow unknitted and my shoulders relaxed.

"Thank you, Leoric," I murmured, waiting until his back was turned.

When it was, I peeled off my clothes down to my undergarments, and after pinning up my hair, wrapped my arms around myself,

"I don't drink," I replied, moving to slide into the pool across from him, "but the offer is appreci--oh... oh this... this is really nice."

The water was warm, deliciously so. It seemed to embrace my cold, aching bones, unclenching every knotted muscle and melting every worry and care. My words faltered, dissolving into a soft moan as I could do naught but surrender to the water. Leoric spoke again, and I lazily opened my eyes and turned my head to look at him. This time, I grimaced,

"Y-yes," I replied, "you... kind of did."

My jaw clenched, and I let out my breath in a sigh. However, I avoided his question,

"Do you have a plan? Or an idea? ... What were you doing there, anyway? I've never seen you there before."