Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Felicity scoffed, a sad chuckle of irony overtaking her. She pulled her head up a little as she listened to the young man monologue. He sounded quite like Shinsou in that way, she liked it. When he revealed his name, Evian, and asked how she wound up here, Felicity's mind reeled.

Where on earth would she possibly start?

Evian's monologue echoed in her mind. Felicity pushed herself up and took another small bite of bread. Her life was constant insanity, it seemed. And it just kept getting crazier. Perhaps, Evian's monologue could explain it well.

Felicity swallowed the bread and lowered it to the plate. Looking down, she repeated some of his words. "A knight might be a beacon of hope for his people, the ones behind his shield. They see the shining steel that guards them."

Felicity looked away, harsh memories rolling in her mind. "But the men in front of his sword curse him and despise him. They only see the crimson-stained iron that ends lives.."

Felicity directly looked at Evian with exhausted, somber eyes. "I always wanted to be a hero."

The bar was a faded background to Felicity. Arms folded on the table, she slowly blinked. "I grew up shunned and cursed for my existence. In a culture that valued war, power, and a family name. I grew up determined to become a hero. So no one would have to go through what I did, and I would be adored and praised and never treated cruelly again."

Felicity closed her eyes. So many memories flooded her mind. Running away when she was fourteen. Being forced to watch her first mentor become a monster, then losing the family she returned to at fifteen. Leaving the apprenticeship of a shady alchemist at eighteen. Finding a new mentor and joining his organization, becoming a general. Then, failing to protect her home. Now, at nineteen her new home had been destroyed, her potential lover had betrayed her, she had failed to protect someone she and especially her mentor were close to. And now, she had recently taken the very life of the alchemist she had learned under.

She opened her eyes again. "All I've ever done was an attempt at heroism. But nearly every choice I made was a selfish mistake. Every time I have ever tried to take the high road, I failed. I never meant to kill, but I have accidentally taken lives on several occasions. Once, I killed willingly."

Her own words sent chills up her spine. She visibly shivered. "I failed to protect my home, my loved ones, and the people who counted on me. I wasn't strong enough."

She sadly smiled, a hint of amusement flashing then fading. "Now, I refuse to drink. The one time I got drunk I regretted what I did. But I need a break from what I'm feeling. And the usual thrill seeking doesn't numb me much right now."

Felicity looked down again, eyes narrowed. She frowned a dull frown again. She once again reflected on Evian's previous words. "Good and bad are a perspective, huh? Would you mind listening to a story and giving me your perspective on it? Considering that we probably won't meet again, maybe talking to a complete stranger, complete outsider would help."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-22-2021 at 09:36 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.