I couldn't rid the shake of my hands as I walked into the ballroom, Adrielle quickly gripped my hand but I pulled away quickly. "Sorry..." I mumbled under my breath. The ginger haired girl smiled happily and shrugged with ease. My heart galloped wildly against my breast bone, I hadn't gone to a large gathering in years, I was a wonder these days, playing my music and avoiding human interaction at all cost. But here I was, Adrielle had received the invite from a lord that had fancied the look of her, pairs were encouraged and the poor girl thought it a good idea that I accompany her. Quickly I turned as if I were going to flee from the place but the girl that had decided to pity me ever since she met me gripped my shoulder with surprising strength. My brows drew together as I tried to shake her off but still she held me in place. "McKinley you promised..." She almost seemed to whine.

Sighing I turned and gave her a pointed look, "I take back my promise," I grumbled.

"Oh no you don't I spent hours on your hair and had to bargain for that gown you are wearing, we are at least doing a lap around the room!" She moved her grasp from my shoulder and gripped my wrist tugging me along.

Quickly I had to steady myself, almost tripping over the blue ball gown that I wore, the thick layers of tulle under me easily getting caught in the heeled shoes I wore. I mumbled under my breath but allowed myself to be dragged into the room, dodging any human contact at all cost. I pushed one of the curled locks that had been left down, out of my face.

Adrielle held part of her dress up to avoid tripping on it as she stirred us towards the dance floor. Had I not been wearing heels I could have stopped her from pulling me into the crowd of bodies twirling around to the rhythm of the music. "Adrielle, no." I said firmly, finally freeing my wrist from her grasp. Groaning she shrugged and pulled the closest single gentleman towards her and twirled off.

With a sigh of relief I moved back to a more recluse position in the ball room, with a shaking hand I took the glass of wine that a butler had offered me, putting it to my lips and taking a greedy drink. "What the hell did I get myself into?" I mumbled under my breath.