Tobias was not a slow man.

Of the things he had learned over years of harsh life in Althanas, he met many different types of people and heard hundreds of strange tales. He had never known an affinity for the strange magic of this world, and the less he came in contact with it frankly, the better. When he saw black acid eat away at the floorboards, his eyes moved over to the catty woman and his torso shifted.

"To hells with the job," he spat as his hands moved and he roped one arm around her waist to pull her close. The other held a short, iron blade concealed perfectly so only she could see it. To anyone else, it might appear as though he were pulling her in for a kiss. The dagger rested softly against her navel, the flat end pressed to her body so as to avoid cutting.

"I came out here for information and I appreciate that you have been so forthcoming, but gods, you could say anything right now and it still sounds like you took money from someone who wants me dead." His voice was naught but a harsh whisper. "I need some assurance that you don't share the sentiment. I want you to go up to the God's Hands with me."

He held her gaze evenly, but his smile was unflinching.