Ice Ice Baby

EXP: 22,697, Level: 6
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next Level: 4,303
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,303

GP

Name
    Rehtul Orlouge
    The shards of ice went through the fairy as though she wasn't even standing there. It could have been an illusion, but Rehtul didn't sense her using any magic to conceal herself in another area.

So she can go incorporeal, he mused as he raised a hand. The ice that had passed through her gathered back to float on either side of his body. It seemed like this fight could go on for awhile, and he was quite glad that they were doing this at one of the magic academies in Raiaera. There were safeguards in place for this sort of thing, and the location he had picked was designed to trap any magic within a fairly large square area from damaging the surrounding area.

As the sun passed slowly to the west, the creature spoke again, talking about its very many years lived and experienced in the world. The mage couldn't help but roll his eyes at the statement, particularly the part about taking his life. Slowly, the facade of her appearance faded into what she must have really been, some kind of mutated Fae creature from the looks of it.

"Oh, far be it from me to lecture someone so long lived on the way this world acts," he said, sarcasm dripping from every word like icy venom.

"I'm sure someone who probably spent the majority of their life in a forest in Dheathain ignoring the various mortal races of Althanas, knows all too much about the realities of the mortal world and how it operates."

He was sure the condescension in his voice was quite easily apparent to anyone who heard him, but at the moment he didn't care. He'd had enough of being attacked for simply giving his name to someone, then lectured like he was a student fresh off the boat. This... thing didn't know the first thing about mortal affairs.

The spears around his body spun around his body as his indignation slowly bubbled up into absolute rage. With a decisive sweep of his palm toward the ground, the ice buried itself beneath the earth. This thing might be able to avoid an attack she saw coming, but could she escape his magic if it erupted forth from the ground beneath her with no warning at all?

"Come at me, then, if you truly intend to take my life to extend your own," he said, eyes sharp and cold as steel as they held her gaze unflinchingly.
    Last edited by Rehtul Orlouge; 08-22-2021 at 03:25 AM.