Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,814

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Briarheart

View Profile
    I let my hands fall down to my lap. “So, why am I here, then? What do you want with me?”

“We understand that your last, ah, 'employer' wasn't exactly the best one.”

“Which one are we talking about,” I snorted. “I've worked for a lot of terrible people and organizations in my life.”

“This Pode woman,” he said with a nod. “Talented though she may have been, she wasn't the best leader. Not one to look out for her company's best interests, turning talent against one another in some sort of barbaric competition for her favor...” Markov shook his head. “She wouldn't have lasted a hundred years here at Pantheon.

“I'll go ahead and cut to the chase, Miss Freebird. I know you'd like to get back to cleaning up your mess in Concordia. We currently have an opening in our sales department, and we feel that you would be perfect for the position.”

My amber eyes flickered in confusion. “Sales? Gods have sales departments? You mean, like prophets?"

Markov flipped open a manila folder that had been sitting on his desk. “Prophets, oracles, and other such personnel, yes--but we feel that would be a complete waste of your talents.”

“Then what exactly do you want me for?”

A brief pause filled the air. Long enough for me to think about starting to possibly worry about what was coming next.

“We'd like to bring you on full time as a goddess, Miss Freebird.”
    Last edited by Briarheart; 09-04-2017 at 08:00 PM.