So... It was true, Shinsou had gone after Arius without her. Of course, Felicity knew Whitevale had been destroyed. She laughed sadly, unable to get the ruins she saw with her own eyes out of her head.

"You wonder how I lost my virginity? I saw Whitevale demolished myself, then ran to the guy I crushed on and he offered me some comfort for my troubles."

Of course, she was far better now than she had been. Back when she and Shinsou fought in the Citadel, Felicity still felt like Leoric had been her enemy, and her mind was in a terribly dark place. Yet, finding Leoric again, making up, and entering a relationship with him had been a long journey. After fighting meenlocks and being forced to face her deepest fears, she was actually able to... move. She could not before, but now she was. Despite all her troubles with Leoric, he continued to invigorate her. It was... strange, to say the least.

Yet, she blinked in worry over Shinsou. He obviously was doing worse for ware. The circles under his eyes, his more improper body language. He spoke of Arius getting into his head, to the point of sleepless nights. Looking back on all the troubles of her PTSD, then Whitevale's downfall, then Leoric relationship drama... She could relate to the obsession, the sleepless nights, the internal hell.

It was torturous.

Yet, she was shocked when he apologized to her, outright admitted what she felt, that he had never been there for her and he let her down. Her life was pain, and she never felt like her mentor had her back. As the envelope was slid over to her, the half neanderthal looked down in shock. She plopped the quarter loaf of bread down and gently took the envelope. Her Damascus finger worked just as well as every other as she carefully opened the envelope, pulling the ring out. She blinked the tears back, looking upon the ring. She had been hoping to ask Shinsou what he knew about ice magic, but this...

She reached back, placing her hand on the hilt of the black prevalida katana on her back. She had always meant to imitate his fighting style, even if she did not know dark matter magic. But... this...

The shock, stunning, admiration, hurt from abandonment, the sense of being found, the honor, the amazement... it was all written on her face as she silently gazed upon the ring, a lone tear slipping down her cheek.