Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,422

GP

Name
    XP34748
    Race
    Vampire
    “Thank you, sir,” Gavner said, “But why help us?”

“Yeh know sunny,” the old seafarer said, “I remember back when we didn’t have no dad gum curfew. People could come ‘n go as they pleased ‘n things were a lot better around here.”

“Where are you heading to?” Mavrik asked.

“I’m Ferd, cap’n of a trade route to Fallien.” He said. “Fallien ‘n Dheathain ‘re my routes ‘n I know ‘ery water in between.”

“Say,” Said Gavner, “Are there any maps of the city around here?”

“Erm, no I don’t have any,” the old timer said, “But yeh may find one in ol’ Richter’s office. ‘E is the district’s notary. ‘is office is three doors down the right ‘cross the street. Say, ‘ow come yer lookin’ round Radasanth without knowin’ where yer goin?”

“We need to find a rendezvous point,” Mavrik covered. “And we haven’t been around these parts very often.”

“Well then why not ask me where it is that yer goin?” The seafarer said suspiciously.

“You know what?” Gavner interjected, grabbing the door handle, and motioning for the others to follow him. “That is alright, we will just be leaving. We are going to get that map. “

“Make sure it’s worth it,” Ferd said. Gavner stopped and looked over his shoulder at the old man, who seemed to had a faint twinkle in his eye. “If yer gonna do somthin’ stupid, make sure yeh don’t get caught, or yeh could find yerself put away or worse.”

Gavner looked back at the man, wondering if he could actually know what they were planning to do. "Thank you," he said, before pushing the door open and exiting the pub. As soon as everybody was outside Gavner rushed them down the street and to the notary with a great sense of urgency. They found that it was locked.

"I'll have to cut it," Gavner said softly to the other two.

"Well be quick about it," Mavrik hissed back.

Gavner held the lock in his left hand and placed his sharp black fingernail on the small bar restraining the door from opening. Gavner counted to 3, and sliced clean through the metal. Vampires had finger and toe nails, as well as teeth that were extremely hard. Gavner's were as strong as steel, Mavrik's were stronger than mythril, however. Gavner slid the lock out of place, and opened the door.

"Come on!" He said as he slipped in and shut the door after the others had entered. There was a relatively short hallway with several doors on either side.

"We should split up," Mavrik said.

Adventurer

EXP: 7,337, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,663
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,663

GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Spirit
    Drake looked at the warehouse. It was an enormous structure in and of itself- perhaps even used for dry docking vessels. A soft murmur came from within. Before Drake could look around and see if there was a way in, a large bell chime could be heard from the citadel.

“Oh no,” Drake said to himself, “I’m-“

“Hey!” A voice shouted from behind him in the distance. “You are breaking curfew!”

Drake spun around on his heel to see a guard coming toward him with his sword drawn, and shackles ready in his left hand. “Leave it to the sailors to think they’re above the law.” He grumbled. “Do you think you’re above the law?”

“I- um- er,” Drake stumbled.

“Nevermind,” the guard said, “You’re going to the courthouse.”

"That's okay Geoff," came a voice from behind Drake in the direction of the warehouse. "He was just arriving a little late to our gathering. I called 'm, it be my fault that he's out past curfew." Drake spun around to look at the man who had come to the rescue. He was a tall man who, drake could barely make out, was wearing a blue overcoat and black pants. His face was dark and shadowy, but a long beard was visible coming down from his chin.

"I am sorry captain Banks," the guard answered, "but rules are rules. And you know very well that anybody caught out pa-"

"Yes, past curfew will be arrested and tried in the Radasanth court of law blah blah blah." The man interrupted. "I know, but you caught 'im literally at the stroke of the bell. Give 'im a few more seconds and he'da been in here."

"But I have-"

"Please Geoff, 'e will stay with us the rest 'o the night. I won' send 'im back to the sailors quarters." The captain continued.

The guard scowled in the light of the rising moon. What Drake didn't know was that this young fellow, no more than 18, had joined the guard in order to provide for himself, and prove to the very society that he could be a part of something well known. This boy had tried to join a rank in the Corond Navy known as the heroes corps, but yet cast him out because them was nothing "extraordinary" about him. Truth be told, this boy, as he was no more than this was, had animosity for Radasanth, and the very organization that he had served. He had been hurt by his country, and forsaken by society, as he was estranged ever since he was publicly rejected from the corps. He wished he could do his job, he wished that he could place Drake under arrest and prove himself worthy of the military; he wished that he could be strong and wavering, but he had been hurt too many times by those whom he served. It had made him a revolutionary at heart.

"Go. But if I see you out past curfew again, both of you will be sorry." Geoff said.

"Thank you sir," Drake said gratefully, "Thank you so much. Your kindness will not go unnoticed!"

"Come on lad," the captain said, motioning to the side door in the warehouse which he was sanding, "I must be true ta my word."

Drake walked through the door into the light and expanse of the warehouse, and the captain shut the door behind him.

Adventurer

EXP: 6,985, Level: 3
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 2,015
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,015

GP

Name
    Koli
    "We should split up." Koli looked around. He knew that he should stand sentry.

Koli looked at Mavrik and held up a finger up get the vampire's attention.

"Yes Koli, what is it?" He replied. Koli pointed to himself, and then to the door that they just came through, trying to express how he should stand watch. "We don't have time for a sentry, would you mind looking with us?" Mavrik asked.

Koli nodded in approval. He valued the opinions of others, and so he would listen to Mavrik.

"Hey Mavrik," Gavner said, "are you sure we need to be here? We already know where the Chancellors house is. Must we get a map?"

"Okay," Mavrik replied, "Think of it this way. We are in a foreign city with no idea where we are or how to grt around, we have no way in, no way out and we don't even know the city layout to make an escape route. So unless you want to guarantee our capture, I would say yes- we need a map."

"That I will agree with!" Gavner replied with a smile.

"Okay, so Gavner, you check down here for city layout. Koli, you check down here as well for a map, or blueprints of The Chancellor's mansion, and I will be upstairs looking for water and sewage." Mavrik said. "And be careful, let's try not to be more than ten minutes."

Mavrik darted upstairs as Gavner took off down the hall for one of the doors at the end. Koli looked to his left and saw a door that had a brazen knob, and was wrought out of oak. He entered and saw a very small office with two desks on either side of the room. The far wall had a shelf with a lot of record books on it, and there was barely room for two people to fit in between the desks. On the desk to the left there was a makeshift paper that read:

“Dean Emit. Radasanth Wharf District Notary.”

On the desk to the right there was a small wooden plaque in which was carved:

“Hester Small. Radasanth Wharf District Building Layout Advisor.”

The monk walked to the shelf and looked through the record books. Many irrelevant titles were there, such as notarized documents, executive orders from the government regarding the district, and building layouts. He found a shelf that had nothing but building layouts and searched until he found a book that said “blueprints.” Looking through he saw countless layouts and sketches of architecture for bars, and warehouses. Some were sketched, some were professionally drafted, just as some had a signature of approval and some did not. It wasn’t until the very end of the book that he saw the blueprints for a very large mansion that consisted of four floors, a lower level, and an upper level with balconies and a small courtyard outside. Koli read the title of the building.

Chancellor’s Mansion.” it read.

This was the one that Koli needed. Taking the book, he turned and went to rendezvous in the hallway with the rest of his party.

Adventurer

EXP: 38,578, Level: 8
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 5,422

GP

Name
    XP34748
    Race
    Vampire
    Gavner pushed open the door at the end of the hallway which led him into a large room that had nothing but shelves full of small bounded books. To the right of the room there was a desk scattered with open books and quills. A small piece of wood with a name engraved on it was glued to the front. The carving read:

Elmer J. Horace, Radasanth building and city schematic advisor

"Wow," Gavner muttered to himself, "They must actually work hard here."

He had always been under the impression that places with oppressive government bred despair and hopelessness- that for those within a society that refuses to allow the individual rise, and naturally become great, people would refrain from doing so. People would stop working hard because there was no hope. Their hard work would not be rewarded; their hard work would go unnoticed.

Gavner looked at the shelves, reading the small labels under each section. Among them were the market district, the military district, the traveler district, and lastly, the port district. Gavner began going through the books in the port district, finding hundreds of important bits and pieces of city layout- how pubs needed to be no more than 2 stories tall, and warehouses could not exceed two times the maximum pub's height. He saw how all pubs and inhabited buildings such as residences of offices, had to have a total of two connections to the sewer and drainage system. He searched through all of this, but he could not find a city schematic as a whole. After searching all of the shelves, Gavner turned to the desk. "There's got to be something in here," he said.

He looked through all the books, but they were only rough or half drafted. The desk drawers had nothing but blank drafting books and extra quills and ink. Gavner was about to give up when he tried to open the last desk drawer and found that it was locked. The creature of the night perked up and crouched down go get a better look at it. An iron lock, fitted inside the desk, was keeping the vampire from opening it. Gavner hesitated a moment, and then he plunged his sharp, black fingernail directly into the opening. It slid into the lock like a warm knife into butter, and soon gave way to let the drawer reveal its contents.

A large folded piece of parchment was hidden inside. Gavner picked it up and unfolded it- it spanned the whole top of the desk- and observed to see that it was the entire city layout of Radasanth. The creature of the night located the port district, which was the lower right corner, and proceeded to tear it from the layout. He folded his stolen section and placed it into his pocket before turning and exiting the room, leaving the room clearly broken into. Koli and Mavrik were waiting for him outside in the hall.

"Are you ready?" Mavrik said.

"Let us go," Gavner replied, handing the torn schematic to his friend, and with that they left out into the night

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Spirit
    Drake looked into the large building, noting characteristics of its layout. It was not, in fact, a warehouse, but more of a building within a building. Going from the entrance all the way to the other side of the large warehouse stretched narrow corridor that reached all the way to the ceiling. The left wall of the corridor was made from fortified stone, and the right wall of the corridor had windows, some with faint glowing lights within, and others dark.

“This way,” The man said to Drake. The angel followed the man, observing the rather bland corridor as they walked. When they reached about the middle of the corridor, the captain turned to the right and went to a small, hidden iron door. Drake would not have noticed it if the captain had not walked to it. He took out a small iron bar and rapped the door in a sequence of taps. A slat opened and two brown, beady eyes peered out.

“Captain Banks,” a gruff voice said from the other side. “Why are you back here? Unless you have money for your tab at Old Muff’s, you should not show your face.”

“Er, I owe a favor to a friend, Shiv. I’m afraid the tab will have to wait.” The captain replied.

“I can’t be responsible for whatever happens to you in there. I can’t intervene if anything happens either,” Shiv replied. “Are you sure you want to go in there?”

“I can fight me own battles Shiv, thank yeh,” the Captain.

“And who’s this little feller? You know the rules, Captain.” Shiv said whilst eyeing up Drake.

“This is a very important man, Shiv. I’m protectin ‘im. ‘E needs to come in with me.” The captain replied.

“I can’t let that happen Captain Banks,” Shiv said. “He waits out here.”

“Come on Shiv, I-“

“No!” Shiv said firmly, “You may enter, but he stays.”

The captain cursed under his breath. Drake touched him on the arm. “Um, Mr. Shiv,” Drake began, “Can I have a moment with Captain Banks?” Shiv narrowed his eyes at Drake and shut the slat.

“Why are you helping me?” Drake asked.

“That’s not important right now,” he replied, “We need to get you a ship to Raiaera fast! As soon as they breach the Chancellor’s corridors, we have not even ten minutes before they shut down the ports.”

Drake widened his eyes at the captain. “Who are you?”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koli
    Gavner, Mavrik, and Koli were crouched on a shadowy ledge in the latter portion of a dark alley. There was only one block between they and the Chancellor’s mansion. Gavner and Mavrik seemed to be able to read the maps and schematics as if it was daylight, but Koli was struggling to read it without light. The two vampires kept tracing entrances and exits, as well as the layout of the surrounding city.

“So after we get out we can sneak over here, or back to the bar that we first took refuge in.” Gavner said.

“Yes, but if we are caught, we need to escape, and we need a quick escape to the dock.” Mavrik replied.

“But we will take extra caution,” Gavner said.

“But we must be prepared for nearly all situations!” Mavrik replied, “Now, there are two easy ways that we can get out, should we be caught. We can escape through this window posterior to the bedchamber, but if it is blocked we can escape directly through the ceiling panels in the chamber.”

“But would not that only work if we did not enter through that method?” Gavner asked, “Because if we enter through the ceiling, they would have heard us.”

“Indeed,” Mavrik replied. “So we now need a way in.”

The two reminisced over entrances through the roof, the sewer, and windows. With the windows and the roof, they would have to scale the building to reach the entrances; however, if they entered through one of the waterways, they would not need to get near it and risk being detected by guards, or outdoor security. Unfortunately, though, if they entered through the sewer, their odor would be an issue, which dogs or elven guards could detect.

“Additionally,” Gavner said, “Undoubtedly, these schematics have been looked through by many professional security detailers. If there is a way in, it is being guarded. We will more than likely face some type of fight- whether it is a duel, three on three, or seven on three. We must be prepared for anything.”

“Now,” Mavrik continued, “If we make it in undetected, that will buy us a bit more time to make it to the bedchambers covertly, but if we are discovered, we must take the fastest route.”

“We must determine which entrance has the fastest route to the bedchambers.”

Koli silently studied the blueprints as the others poured over them; the monk was looking for something the others had missed. As he studied the prints, he slowly began to have an idea of what they had taken for granted. Looking at the others, Koli pointed to a spot on the map. Gavner and Mavrik fell silent, returning the look. After a few moments, Gavenr said what they all were thinking.

“Are you certain?”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    XP34748
    Race
    Vampire
    Gavner looked puzzledly at the map as Koli pointed directly at the main entrance. The vampires both looked at him as if he was out of his mind.

“Koli are you saying that we should go in some of the windows near the main entrance?”

The priest tapped the main entrance again.

“Maybe he is telling us that we should look for some sort of weak point above the door?” Mavrik suggested.

Koli shook his head, and tapped the same spot on the map. It was official; Koli was insane.

“Koli,” Gavner said, “Let me understand this correctly, we are going to be breaking into the residence of one of the most powerful men in Radasanth, and quite possibly one of the most secure buildings in the capital city of Corone, and you are saying that we should simply waltz in through the front door?”

Koli observed Mavrik and Gavner through his gleaming white irises which Gavner could see as plain as day in the darkness of the night. The priest nodded.

“Koli,” Mavrik said, “We don’t have time for this. Let’s choose one of the windows if you want a challenge, but we can’t enter through the front door.”

Koli leaned back and folded his arms. At this gesture of his friend, Gavner became reluctant to discount the possibility. The vampire held his chin and grossed his arms, beginning to think. Perhaps Koli did have a theory after all.

“Wait, Mavrik,” Gavner said. “Perhaps there will be less security at the front gate than the-“

“Oh come on!” Mavrik said throwing up his arms, “You can’t possibly think this is a good idea! Come to your senses Gavner.”

“Well if the city made these schematics, they certainly know all of the mansion’s weak spots that were logged in.” Gavner fired back.

“So what would you have us do?” Mavrik said. “Enter through the front, on some sort of suicide mission? Even you know how dangerous it is to enter arms ablaze with sheer force.” Koli stared at Mavrik, and simply shook his head.

“But perhaps that will not be necessary, Mavrik.” Gavner replied. “Perhaps the guards will be so occupied elsewhere that the front will not be guarded as heavily as the other entrances, if at all.” Mavrik thought about it for a few moments. “Additionally, they will not be expecting anybody to break in.” The veteran spy scowled at Gavner. It was always difficult for Mavrik to set aside his pride, and admit that perhaps he had judged a situation too harshly. After a few moments, the vampire heaved a great sigh and his face softened.

“I still think that it’s far too much of a risk,” he said, “but perhaps you and Koli are on to something.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Drake
    Race
    Spirit
    The captain stared back and grinned at Drake.

“I’m serious!” The angel said, “Who are you and what do you want with me?”

"Who are you and why are you helping me?" Drake asked. He stared back at the man in nothing but confusion.

"Let's just say I was sent by somebody who has an interest in your affairs. Now wait here, and I'm going to find a way to sneak you in." The captain replied.

"Wait a min-" Drake tried to stammer, but with that, the man was off through the door, and into the beyond room. Drake looked down, and then to his right down the extremely tall corridor, towards the way he came in. It still was not to late to run and take his chances out past curfew. Drake knew how to fight. The half-angel took a deep breath, but before he could start off, the door opened and captain banks was on the other side motioning for Drake to come in.

"Wha- I- how-" Drake began, but Banks grabbed him by the arm and pulled him in, shutting the door behind the Angel.

“Come on,” he said under his breath, “I sent him off for an emergency. We don’t have much time before he gets back!” Captain Banks threw a shawl at Drake. “Put this on,” he hissed.

Drake drew the black shawl over his face, concealing his features under a bout of shadows. As he walked in past the door, he saw a large banner over a large arch leading into what looked like an underground marketplace.

WELCOME TO CAPTAINSTOWN

It said in huge letters, and a soft murmur of a mellow marketplace filled the area. There were small stands, in the center of what looked like a market square, and what appeared to be taverns and pubs surrounding the area as a border. It was atypical of the normal marketplace, however, as everybody was walking around prudently with patience, as opposed to the normal bustling around that people do in a marketplace. This was much higher class than a place such as the common market.

Banks veered off to the left, and Drake followed him into a dimly lit wooden pub. There was nothing but a bar and a tender, and at the bar sat three captains, two of which were chatting, and one who was taking a shot of liquor.

“Talk to the lone man,” Banks whispered in Drake’s ear, “He is the captain of the Victorian Princess, and is seasoned in regular trips to Raiaera. Word has it, he is returning in the morning.”

“But-“ Drake started.

“Don’t say I didn’t do my part.” The man replied. Drake turned around, but the man had left the tavern door open, and he was gone into the captain’s square.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koli
    Koli crouched, peering around the corner into the Main Street in the wharf district. Once he was certain that the coast was clear, and no guards were prowling the stretch or patrolling the rooftops, Koli raised 3 fingers and motioned for the others to follow. The priest calmly walked up to the door and looked back to see the vampires barreling toward him. Gavner bared a sharp fingernail and was about to jam it into the lock, when Koli stopped him with a firm grip on the vampire’s wrist. Gavner gave the priest an angry look, but Koli simply held up one finger to halt the vampire. The priest then preceded to calmly grab the handle and turn. It was unlocked, just as he had suspected. After calmly swinging the door open, the monk motioned for the others to enter. They begrudgingly hurried in, and Koli shut the portal before turning to see his friends rushing through the entryway to the stairs.

Koli picked a pebble out of his boot and threw it at Gavner, hitting the back of his neck directly where the bump from one of his vertebrae protruded. The vampire stopped in his tracks and looked back angrily at the monk. The pebble struck the floor, and began to fall down the stairs with a “tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.” Koli held up a finger, and began to walk to the stairs. He climbed them, and passed the two vampires who were now boiling with rage. When the priest reached the landing platform of the next floor, he began to slowly observe his surroundings before motioning for the vampires to follow, in the same, slow yet vigilant manner.

The front door of the mansion was an extremely elegantly crafted slab of dark wood, ornately carved, thick, and heavy duty. The floor beneath foot was beautifully polished white and black stone, gleaming in the grandiose glow of the colossal crystal chandelier overhead. The walls were painted white with trim of black, and the entryway was so large, that it could be the dining hall of a small battalion of men. On the right side of the room was a grand staircase leading to a second floor, and on the left, a staircase leading down into some sort of cellar. In the middle was a large arching entrance to the next room. Pillars held up the balcony of the next floor.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    XP34748
    Race
    Vampire
    Gavner boiled with rage. How on earth could Koli be acting this way? They were in, and now they needed to get the ring quickly, or else they would be caught and have a completely different sticky situation to deal with. The vampire looked around the mansion with contempt, and disgust. Here resided a high ranking official of a suffering city, which was once the envy of the world, complacent in his luxurious life while the rest of the world paid. The wretched thought brought Gavner pure hatred.

Koli turned to the right, peeking around the corner, and held up a finger to halt the others. Impatiently, Gavner took a look as well, but to his surprise, saw a guard at the end of the hall who was just turning the corner. The vampire watched as the man left sight, and then looked at Koli with an entirely different viewpoint. Had they barged in and started running to the chancellor’s bedroom, they would have run into this guard and been discovered; however, because of Koli’s patience and insight, they had been spared this fate, and they still had the element of surprise on their side.

Koli raised his hand and motioned for the vampires to follow, this time Koli crouched and walked hurriedly- but not rushed- down the hall. The red and gold colored carpet felt very soft underneath their feet, as if they were walking on cushion. The corridor was lit by lanterns; however, there was no oil in them. Perhaps, more than likely, the lanterns had been burning some sort of fuel fed through a line in the walls. Gavner looked at this feat of engineering in awe; this was a completely alien concept to him. No concept such as this had ever been brought to Gavner’s perspective. No doubt this was some stolen Alerarian technology, that would be widely sought out. The walls were adorned with paper that was mostly red with gold and black trim.

When the group made it down to the end of the hallway, Koli turned and led them in the opposite direction than in which off walked the guard. The priest hurried five doors down on the right, and they came to another bend in the hall where at which was a door at the end of the straightaway. Rather than turning the bend, Koli opened the door and motioned everybody inside. Just as Koli slipped in, Gavner heard footsteps in the distance. Without thinking, he jumped in after Mavrik and shut the door quickly, leaving only a crack, before silently shutting it and latching the port. The vampire took a deep breath, before looking around the dark room.

“So which way is next?”