Drake was ecstatic when Mavrik, Gavner’s friend began to tell stories. He had always loved listening to people and what they had to say.

“So this one time,” Mavrik was saying, “Gavner and I were sitting at the Clan Hall meeting, and naturally we were sitting together. Gavner couldn’t stop talking to me about that cute dane that he saw back in Raiaera. She was a blonde,” He said, “Gavner has a thing for blondes.”

“Then he would love my friend Seraphina!” Drake said, “She is so beautiful.”

“Well what race?” Mavrik asked, “Because he only likes elves and humanoids.”

“She is an angel,” Drake said, “One of the Seraphim actually.”

“Ooh, you hear that buddy?” Mavrik jested at Gavner, “Drake can hook you up with an angel!”

“Naaah,” Drake said with a smirk, “You aren’t her type.”

“Well that’s not going to stop him!” Mavrik laughed.

“Oh! Like that one time in Dheathain, when he made an advance on that girl in Davensport who shut you down! Remember that, Gavner?” Drake said. Gavner’s face turned deep red and he grunted in compliance.

“Gavner never really has many failures in that category,” Mavrik said, “But he is so used to being able to swoon any woman that he wants, that he becomes such a sore loser. One time, he followed a girl back to her house and continued to persist. She actually called the Corone Guard on him.”

“Woah,” Drake marveled, “What happened?”

“I took them all on, six on one,” Gavner said with a smirk.

“And boy he whipped them all,” Mavrik marveled as well, “He didn’t even need any help from me.”

“And did that scare her, or did she fall into his arms knowing that he could kill her if he wanted to?” Drake mused.

“Well let’s just say that after six guards, still being a cub, he was too tired to persist with her, so he admitted defeat on that one.” Mavrik said.

“I still wonder if she would have been a good kisser,” Gavner said with a whimsical smile before taking a big swig of his ale. “But that was back in my young, and wild years. I have a very narrow taste in women now.”

“Yeah, only queens,” Mavrik said. “Only royalty will suffice.”

“Oh, be quiet,” Gavner said with a smirk. “That is a story for another time.”

“Yeah,” Said Drake, “Since we will be together for- hey, how long will we be together?”

“I have not the slightest clue how long this journey will take,” Said Gavner, “But I know that it is going to be a lot longer than we are used to.”

“But it couldn’t be longer than that time we were held up in that mineshaft in Alerar,” Mavrik said.

“Yes,” Gavner replied, “If it were not for your quick thinking, and that dwarf in the cell next to us, perhaps we would still be prisoners there.”

“And we made some good relations with the dwarves,” Mavrik said. “Those could come in handy eventually.”