Drake listened to the A Capella music, standing there in awe for close to a half of an hour- and then came the siren. He heard the sirens outside in the surrounding city, and without anybody’s missing a beat, the captains started to flood out of the warehouse toward the exits.

[Um, guys?] Drake called out to Gabriel and Seraphina.

[We hear it,] Gabriel’s voice replied in Drake’s head, [We are on our way. Meet us in the nearest tavern to the docks on the south pier, and we will find you.]

“Sure thing,” Drake said out loud to himself, “Let’s do this.”

The angel began to start toward an exit, and surprisingly everybody was polite. Nobody was frantically pushing or shoving, nor were they panicking. All of the men- captains as it were- were very civil and calm with each other.

“Excuse me,” Drake said to a taller, dark haired man with a lot of scruff. “Where is everybody going?”

The man raised an eyebrow at him. “Sneaking in, are we swabby?”

“I, um…” Drake said, his voice failing him.

“That’s okay, it happens every now and again. All the captains are going to their crews’ quarters, or their ships to take roll and make sure that everybody’s been behaving themselves.”

“Oh,” Drake said, “Yeah that might be rather important.”

“Mmhm.”

“What do you think is happening?” Drake asked.

“Well, by the looks of it, either a disaster is going on, or a serious felony has been committed. And we aren’t even talking about a mass murder, or a robbery, the siren is only used in the event of a serious crime against the state- or the city of Radasanth as a whole- after curfew.”

“Oh,” Drake said, his heart beginning to sink. Gavner, he thought.

“Yes indeed,” the captian replied, “Something very serious is going on. I can guarantee that a manhunt is going on right now.”

“Oh dear,” Drake said, “Well then we better hurry back.”

“Indeed swabby, get back to your captain and stay there. You don’t want to be caught dead out in these conditions. Somebody is going to be put to death from this type of crime.”

Once Drake got out onto the streets, he turned and began to run down the street until he saw the wooden sign that read:

“SOUTH PIER”
Drake ran down the path and looked for the nearest tavern around.