GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile

Lost in Fallien - P1 - Open

Poof

In a cloud of rotten egg scented smoke I appeared, uninvited and unexpectedly. My body felt weightless for just a second and though my eyes were squeezed shut so tight i could feel tears at the edges, i knew i was no longer in Scara Brae. As i opened my golden orbs to see my surroundings i suddenly felt vertigo, and the horizontal horizon was shifting upwards.

Thud

I unceremoniously struck the ground, falling out of the sky. Immediately I rolled onto my side and curled into a fetal position. My skin was crawling like there were chigger bugs crawling under it, but from head to toe. It stung though like my funny bone had been hit, but everywhere. The last thing i remembered was my mom yelling for me to stop fighting, yelling for me to run, but it was too late. That priest or paladin that had come to town screamed something about banishing the evil and suddenly everything had gone black.

With muscles twitching occasionally and uncontrollably, and an overwhelming feeling of nausea, i opened my eyes to find out where i had been banished too. Under my long, slender fingers was soft sand that was warm to the touch. As far as i could see it extended that way, rolling and swaying as if the sand was an ocean that has been frozen in time. It if wasn’t for the overwhelming anxiety and fear of being lost that was quickly overtaking me I might have thought it was a nice sight.

“Where is this…” I sighed, backing up slowly into a small oasis behind me as I pulled my knees into my chest and tried to control my breathing.

Adventurer

EXP: 241, Level: 1
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 1,759
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,759

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    A Black Hole opened up in the sky above and a demon like creature that appeared to be of Elven descent came out of it. The Black hole wasn't too far from the Oasis, But it still manifested in the sky. right where the demon it spat out DIDN'T want to be. she ended up falling into the water below and crawled out, flopping to her side as if the water wounded her somehow. She must have some element of flame if water could do so much as harm her. Regardless she laid there motionless for a good while before finally slowly sitting up to catch her bearings. At any rate, she APPEARED to be a female. But who can tell with anything remotely demonic in nature. One thing was clear however. The creature seemed to be an off worlder.

It took the woman a bit to catch her bearings. She has wings albeit one laid downwards and unfurled while she slowly pulled the other to her back. She grunted in pain as she muttered incoherent elvish phrases under her breath. She looked around dazed, lost, and clearly not in her home world anymore. But as she caught her bearings, she noticed another demon like creature at the water nearby.

She approached him cautiously, but quickly collapsed to the sand. Either the water weakened her, Or she broke one of her wings in the sudden appearance she made

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    “...seven, eight, nine--” Suddenly my count to ten to calm my nerves was cut off abruptly by the sound of something smacking water. It did not sound so much like a splash, as it did when my goblin buddy Dustin back home belly-flopped onto a perfectly still pool. It was as if the surface of the water was a thin solid covering the gentle, caressing liquid beneath. I snapped my head towards the sound immediately and tried to push myself around the palm tree I had been resting against.

Out of the water emerged a creature, scary looking in a way. She had long, curled horns and odd colored hair. Back home, those religious travelers would have had a field day with her if they saw her instead of me… then I realized. “Why am I judgin’?”

I pushed my purple-black hair back from my brow and around the two small horns protruding from my own forehead. I had no place to judge some other person for their look. If the priest thought I was a demon, then this person was probably a demon too, and maybe she could explain what a demon was or where they came from.

As the woman slowly walked towards me I moved out from behind my cover and put my hands up to show I meant no harm. She collapsed and her slender form was covered in sand that immediately began to cling to the moisture on her hands and knees. “Ma’am, are you alright? You aren’t looking mighty fine right now.”

I was unsure if I should approach or not, so remained at a distance and waited.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    The creature responded with a feeble attempt to lift herself off the ground, swiftly met by her slender form again flopping to the sand beneath her. That was likely a "no" But she didn't seem strong enough to vocalize the response. She must've taken a pretty rough hit when she landed. One thing was clear though, The creature, whatever the heck she was, clearly needed aid. She did not seem hostile though or at the very least isn't a threat

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    I could see her move as if to respond, but then nothing. It was like a puff of air was exhaled and caused a small whirlwind of sand, but there was no vocalization behind it. I could see from her ragged breathing that she was injured and that she most likely needed help.

The first thing I thought about was back home, back in the hamlet of Tastow, where I had seen a mare come back from pasture lame and in pain. She had been similar, trying to right herself but unable, steadying her breath but her heart beating heavily. There was very little option for an injured animal on the farm, and looking at this woman made me wonder what I could do to help.When this had happened in the past, I had to put poor Deliliah down and I had cried for days.

Instantly I felt the weight of my own heart. This was not an animal though, right, this was a being capable of coherent thought like myself… a someone and not a something? I looked at the jagged wing on one side and the furled one on the other.

“Ma’am… or missus?” I cautioned as I walked towards her with my hands outstretched, palms showing I had nothing to harm her with. “I ain’t gonna hurt ya’, just wanna’ know whatcha need or how I can help. I’m kinda lost myself…”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    The creature glanced at him seeing he is clearly not a threat to her. Since he's offering help, She may as well accept it. She tried to muster enough strength to move, and managed just enough to take hold of his outstretched hand. It was clear she was in rough shape. Her breath was indeed ragged and shaky, But she did manage to hoarsely get a word out. The shortened version of her name "Lilith...."

Ok So her name's Lilith. That was a good start, But she still looked like she was on Death's Doorstep. though she seemed to be trying to hold out long enough to be helped. Suppose first and foremost, they're gonna need some kind of shelter

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    The woman’s hand reached out and took mine. I could feel the rough surface of her skin beneath the gritty sand as her weak grip pulled on my fingers. As quickly as it was there her hand slipped away back to her side. I stood in front of her dumbstruck and unsure of what to do. It felt like my mind was racing over possibile actions for some time, though it most likely was a matter of seconds, before she spoke.

“Lillith, is that your name?” I squated in front of her, shifting the quarterstaff slung across my back so that I could get level eye to eye. She looked up to me for a moment as if to confirm with a yes that she had given me her name. “Well then, I wish we’d’a met under better circumstances, but my name is Valic.”

I looked around cautiously. Behind the woman was the small pool of water and the mat of lush green grass that had spread from it. Like blood flowing from the heart, the water nurioused the life around the little oasis we had found ourselves in. It was difficult to say how large the verdant area was, as I could not see through much of the brush and palms though. Behind me was the sea of sand. I stood and looked at the near cloudless sky to get my bearings.

“By my recon, it is either close to mid-morn or mid-afternoon. It’s hard to put a finger on and I haven’t much paid mind to the shadows since… well, since we got here and you in your state and all.” As I spoke I moved back towards the first tree on the edge of the oasis that I had started at. “How about this,” I begun gathering palm fronds and other sticks and twigs I could find, “I’ll slap together a fire right quick and you can rest by that? A little warmth aught to help dry you out quick and maybe the smoke will signal someone to come help us too.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    Lilith nodded showing she was coherent enough to understand what was being said. She was still very weak in that state and unable to right herself. She began to think on how best to communicate since her feeble condition didn't leave her with much more option then fragile whispers from time to time. Surely her condition can't JUST be the impact could it?

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    After some time, and considerable effort on my part, there was a small fire going. The palm fronds that were dry caught fire immediately, but the ones I had lopped off the branches were slow to burn. There was a mixture of black, tar-like smoke that was coming from the fresh flora and a sickly-sweet scent that was in there as well. I could only guess that the sweet smell was from the jagged bushes with the small spikes on them, those had little pastel blue fruit on it.

“So you haven’t said nothin’ in a while…” I cautiously moved the embers and tried to build a base to put more kindling on. As I was working on the fire I noticed that the shadows were getting longer to indicate that it was approaching night. From what I could tell, I would have to be tending a fire and a wounded demon for the night. “Do you mind telling me where you’re from?”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    Lilith nods having regained SOME of her strength at the very least "My world is actually a cluster of worlds thrown together.....So it's hard to get a clear cut name on it....." She coughed clearly not strong enough yet to form full on conversations, But she was trying at least. It's progress