Note: Originally posted by Ioder pre-4.0

“Go forth and do my bidding…” a disembodied voice echoed through the recesses of Ioder’s mind. “Retrieve my heart, make me whole again…”

A letter wrapped in worn linens, the typical parcel. Yet this was anything but typical, never did Ioder imagine to be contacted the Revenant. It had been near a year since the angel made his way to the Tular Planes, and longer since he'd been in exile. He left behind the world it took years to built, the Monarchy and the Risen both left their own devices and under the rule of Alfe. He was a confident leader and more than strong enough to command their loyalties, even if through fear and blood.

Ioder's life now belonged to the Queen of Exiles.

In less than a fortnight Ioder had made way to Dragon’s Folly and made contact with William. It took him by surprise to be contacted by the Hellspawn, not since Moonwing had they spoke. But bound by his word Ioder had no choice but to lend his aid to the efforts. It wouldn't be easy, but killing a legend never was. He was as Ioder remembered stoic, intense and to the point. William was excited to bring an end to the Horseman Pestilence and Ioder in turn to be invited along.

He must have known of Ioder’s business and also that the soul of a Horsemen would fetch a lofty sum. If Ioder didn't know better he'd have thought that the Revenant was issuing a challenge. A wager even, who can slaughter and maim to claim the prize at the end. Though the masses were mostly soulless husks of wandering flesh and meat Ioder figured he could give William a challenge.

He soared high above in the Troposphere watching with hawk's eyes the valley below. Not yet had the action begun. Still he waited patiently on patrol, ready to act on William's signal. His job was to keep an eye over the valley and relay enemy positions and movement to the others. Needing to remain unidentified while on reconnaissance Ioder assumed the form of a Aleran Buzzbird, the native bird of prey to the region.

With a wingspan of fifteen feet, a long jagged beak made for tearing and ripping, and two powerful sets of talons Ioder was swift and deadly. As he rode the valley’s winds his long sleek black feathers danced with his every arc. Below he could see straggling thralls along the sloping rises and falls. Whatever may come to pass the others better be ready for a fight.