Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,308

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus

View Profile
    No sooner had Azza sat and dipped her feet into the cool water did a voice call out from behind to claim that the pond was theirs. Following with a rather large thud Azza craned her head back to look with a bit of alarm. The large- massive log that wasn’t previously close to the fire was certainly indicative of the man’s strength. Certainly impressive, but after seeing so many strange things for the past several years mixing with her older memories it was a relief to encounter something more simple. A strongman of some kind or one of the lumberjacks in town? Perhaps a former soldier or adventurer of some kind?

Whatever the story behind him was, the fact that he had stated the area to be his home, and not just a travelstop hidden from the road, had Azza wearing her typical awkward half-grin of not entirely understanding if he was being serious or joking. A quick glance over at the burnt out ruins didn’t exactly give the impression anyone still lived there and there wasn’t a tent or any sort of shelter that she could see in sight. It certainly was possible that it was hidden somewhere and there was a campfire.

When he introduced himself as Leoric, Azza just nodded her head. If he had hostile intentions he’d have attacked her from behind without calling out first and with how much he was sweating, he did have the look of a laborer type. At the very least he was accustomed to it. The request to help with chores had Azza laughing lightly. “My apologies, I didn’t realize that you had made this pond. Name’s Sophia and since I intend to stay here for the night, I guess I’ll help out with some chores then.” It certainly wasn’t a lie as the name had been given to her and it was now hers to do with as she wished.

When Azza made to stand however, she paused and then pulled her pack closer to rifle through. Finding the pair of wooden sandals, she pulled those on before getting up. As she did she spotted a smaller shape standing near the treeline and, reflexively, Azza offered a small wave with just her fingers then stopped when she realized what she was doing. Turning her attention to Leoric she continued, “Or at least that’s what I’d like to offer, but it doesn’t seem like there is much to do. I can share some dried meat and cheese if you’d like.”
    Last edited by orphans; 07-31-2023 at 07:59 PM.