Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,308

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus

View Profile
    There were a few things that Leoric said that made sense to Azza. There were also a few things that he said that had her smiling more in disbelief as she bit her tongue to keep from commenting immediately. And what was wrong with sleeping under a starry sky? It certainly wasn’t going to rain tonight and even if it did, a cloth sheet wasn’t going to protect from it. And the dried meat certainly was good on its own! Though the mention of traveling rations had Azza realizing her mistake. It was more of a snack food item than rations, but that didn’t change the fact that it wasn’t a proper meal.

Putting up her hands in a show of conceding, Azza stooped down by the remains of the campfire and prodded it a few times. There certainly was enough vitality left to restore, but a quick glance at Leoric had her reconsidering. Being ‘normal’ was the right call in this case, right?

“I’ll choose to set up the roof and help make dinner as I don’t need dummies in a training yard or balance logs in a pond to help me sleep soundly.” Mumbling the last bit, she produced a bit of flint, steel, and tinder from a pocket on her robes to begin her given task. “Ah! I can partake in a drink if it’s something light.”

===

By the time the group was finished pulling a makeshift roof over the hut, boiling a stew for dinner, and whatever Leoric was doing with the training dummies and “balance logs,” the sun was beginning to properly set and darkness was beginning to envelope the world. A few travelers had passed by just beyond the bushes with what sounded like carts and wagons, but other than that, no one distrubed them.

The training dummies certainly didn’t look like the kind used for sword fighting with their multiple limbs sticking out everywhere. Perhaps some different form. However, it was impressive that there wasn’t just one, not two, but THREE dummies. Leoric was just finishing up, or what seemed to be, when Azza wandered over while Kylie watched the pot.

“It’s certainly impressive,” she began while looking at the two weighted logs bobbing in the pond. Returning her attention to Leoric and the three dummies, perhaps four with him included, Azza couldn’t help but smile. “Is there a reason you didn’t use the same energy in restoring your…” Pausing, Azza looked over at the hut. Or was it supposed to be a cabin? Was it once a cabin? “Shelter?” Azza finally decided on, as the most neutral word she could think of. “Dinner is ready by the way and despite your earlier protests, I’m including the dried meat that I have on the menu. You can always wet it a bit with the soup if you prefer your meat to be moist.”
    Last edited by orphans; 07-15-2022 at 03:48 PM.