Rehtul had the good graces to blush when he realized he had partially frozen Shin's drink. His emotions seemed to be affecting his magic more and more these days, and that didn't quite feel like something that should be happening to him, considering the amount of effort it used to require for him to summon up even the most basic of spells. He had thought to talk to his father, the world's foremost magical researcher, but had balked at the idea of asking the man for help considering the current state of their relationship.

Eh, it's probably nothing anyway. Time to look into the problem at hand, then we can begin to work on those traffickers and I can blow some steam off. Rehtul stood up and began to speak as he walked across the room.

"Yes, it's often better for those in my profession not to make themselves publicly known. However, I don't particularly need to worry about that. Including you, there are only three people in the world who know of my affiliation with the Colors. So long as I can trust in them... and you, everything will be fine if I'm seen in my public persona. It'd be far stranger if I disappeared, considering I'm one of the last remaining officers of the Ixian Knights who wasn't killed in combat or tried in court. The benefits of the Corone Rangers thinking I was little more than a paper pusher, I suppose."

If the government of Corone had known that Rehtul was in fact the de facto commander of the Ixian Wetworks division, he'd have been killed outright long ago. It was the entire reason that he had come up with the pseudonym "Black" in all of his dealings with the assassins of the Knights, and had never allowed them to see his face nor hear his true voice. To the authorities, they would assume the name was either complete bunk, or if they were lucky the surname of the leader of the wetworks team. When none of the captured spies and assassins had ever been able to identify him, he was released as though he had merely been a clerk working on behalf of the Knights and keeping track of their expenditures and other important documents relating to their operations.

"Now, let's see what I can do here," he muttered under his breath as he faced the statue.

He brought his magic to bear against the forced enclosure of the fae creature trapped within and smirked slightly.

"To think we'd be meeting again under circumstances like this, Crystal," he said as invisible tendrils of his magic worked their way into the ice encasing her and probed for weaknesses. As his magical power circulated through his body, he could feel his hand tingling. He shook his right hand absently to recover the feeling.

As his magic went to work on the statue, he felt imperceptible cracks starting to form in the encasement. Slowly, those cracks widened enough to be seen and worked their way through the entirety of the body before finally shattering completely. A loud crashing sound combined with the tinkling of small pieces of glass hitting the floor echoed out into the hallway. Rehtul brought out an arm and caught the fae before she was able to hit the ground. As he looked down at her, he noticed something, however.

His hand had seemingly been completely covered in the crystal ice that he normally created using his magic.

"No... it's not covered..." he whispered, barely able to comprehend what he saw. The appearance was fading back to normal skin, but he could see clear through the ice to the other side. His hand had become crystal ice.