Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    He'd encountered healers before...but not quite like her.

It did not even dawn on him that his hand was cut by the soldier's blade. Nosdyn held his large blue hand out to her. He let her help him. His hand did not even shake. He did not feel any pain. He could survive tremendous amounts of damage and harm. He looked at her calmly. Extending his hand out to her. He did not feel anxiety, but rather a curiosity. He held his hand before the healer. Nosdyn was not sure of how to proceed with the relic in question.

He knew he could not deliver it to the person in question. N'Jal would be furious that he failed his mission. An intricate cut from the sword scarred his right hand. Black blood flowed freely from the injury in question. He looked at the gathered people. He let her work on his hand. He did not even feel the pain. There were several people around them watching. A small crowd had gathered.

"It is a miracle!" A Dark Elf man yelled.

The female Dark Elf who spoke earlier spoke again. "I have a cousin who can heal but not like that...I've never seen such raw skill."

Nosdyn saw the injury melt away at her skill. "You are full of mystery." Nosdyn said calmly. He remained kneeling by her side for a little while longer. He looked at her calmly. "There are people who need your help here in Ettermire." Nosdyn regained his composure. He stood up and replaced the relic in the satchel on his belt. He looked at the gathered. "I wish to return to your ranks." The old soldier said calmly. He looked at the young healer, lust was definitely in his eyes. He again wondered if she would be an ideal bed mate. He felt an immediate need to protect the healer an idea dawned on him at that point.

He looked at the healer. "You command the healing arts." He began. "People here in Ettermire could use your help..." He began and awaited her response. "Let's get to Ettermire together." He looked from the young woman to the Dark Elves that were gathered.

Adventurer

EXP: 500, Level: 1
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 1,500
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,500

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Kalestiya's inspection of the wound revealed the man's serene composure, a surprising ease in enduring pain that left her astounded. It was as if the pain had never been present at all. Curiosity surged within her, her attention drawn to the unique hue of his skin. She noticed that his blood was actually entirely black. Her thoughts raced as her physician's instincts kicked in. Could he be from a distant land? The question lingered. Where might his origins lie? Does he suffer from an ailment? Her thoughts halted briefly as she became aware of her speculation, her gaze shifting to the gathering of Dark Elves and humans.

A gentle smile graced Kalestiya's lips, a bid to quell the rising apprehension. "I...I would consider it an honor to be of assistance," she admitted, a soft blush tinting her cheeks. A shy smile emerged as she continued, "being able to help people always brings me joy."

A respectful inclination of her head followed, directed toward the man before her. Her eyes remained attentive as the wound underwent a gradual transformation, the evidence of a cut slowly fading. It was a captivating manifestation of her abilities. Yet, a question nagged at her: "why can't I heal him directly with my own abilities?" She thought to herself, again puzzled by the lack of a connection to his vitality.

She rose to her feet and curtsied gracefully. Her heart was racing, as she couldn't understand why she was experiencing the sudden onset of bashfulness. Kalestiya brushed the dust from her dress, noticing a stain that had gathered at the bottom of her attire. A faint sigh escaped her lips. "It's a wonder I'll ever stay clean in a place like this..." Kalestiya spoke, her cheeks blushing again, realizing her thoughts had slipped unintentionally. "B-but we shouldn't keep you waiting." She continued nervously. She glanced around at the people, noticing how the Dark Elves were looking at them. She lowered her head in a courteous manner.

The Dark Elf who had spoken earlier approached her, appearing about Kalestiya's age, yet with a more athletic build and a taller stature. "May I ask your name?" the Elf inquired.

"My name is Kalestiya; Kalestiya Brightheart, and it's a pleasure to meet you," she responded with politeness, gracing her words with another curtsy.

"Kalestiya... what a beautiful name for an equally beautiful woman," the Dark Elf complimented.

The young healer blushed, feeling somewhat uncomfortable, yet flattered.

"And to whom do I have the honor of addressing?" she inquired politely, shifting her gaze between the Dark Elf and the man she had tended to.
    Last edited by Kalestiya; 08-20-2023 at 03:18 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Profile - Kalestiya Brightheart

Pronunciation - Kalestiya: ka.les.ti.ah
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn's injury did not heal like it normally should have. Instead there was an ugly scar on his hand, he did not mind it. He barely felt the pain but it kept him going. He stood up at that point. He looked at the Dark Elf woman and the healer woman. Kalestiya. Nosdyn noted her name and committed it to memory. Nosdyn looked at them at that point. "I am called Nosdyn." He said whilst noticeably ommiting any titles or lordship.

The Dark Elf woman turned towards Nosdyn as they all walked together. "My Lord Nosdyn." She said calmly.

Nosdyn shook his head. "...Just Nosdyn I no longer have a titlle of lordship." Nosdyn admitted. The old Demon must have been through quite an ordeal to be stripped of former titles. They would never know what he had sacrificed for their well being. He looked at his hand for a moment. He looked at Kalestiya. "This is N'Jal's doing if you must know." Nosdyn said. The rumors were true a Demon was within N'Jal's ranks. Or so they thought. Nosdyn looked at them as they all walked. "I'll explain everything when we arrive at Ettermire." Nosdyn explained to them all.

A real bed to sleep in for once would be a great change of pace to the cavern floors he'd been sleeping in.

Nosdyn rubbed his chin thoughtfully. There was that glow from the relic once again. It was reacting to the healer woman...curious. Nosdyn noticed the glow he took a note of it and stored the information in his mind. He would make it a point to keep the relic for Kalestiya when she was ready. His prior mission would be a failure as he would not be meeting with the N'Jal contact at all.

Nosdyn considered many matters. At that point the walls of Etterire surrounded them and they were within the city proper. Nosdyn kept his eyes on Kalestiya.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 08-20-2023 at 03:29 PM.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    As she listened intently to the conversation between the Dark Elf and Nosdyn, Kalestiya became increasingly intrigued. Although she had encountered the cult known as The Children of N'jal before, she remained ignorant of their true intension. She sensed that the remnants of her previous encounter with the cult continued to linger, as if her destiny was intertwined with them. This conviction was reinforced when Nosdyn presented her with the artifact, leading her to realize that it was the source of the intrusive thoughts that had plagued her mind earlier. Kalestiya remained polite as the Dark Elf spoke to Nosdyn, watching in silence as they conversed with one another. Each mention of N'jal's doing caused her to become tense. Aside from mentions of Njal, Kalestiya was all ears as Nodyn recounted his past experiences.

Walking alongside each other, the young healer couldn't help but notice Nosdyn's lingering gazes that were intermittently cast her way. Each time, those looks appeared to stretch a little longer, leaving a subtle sense of discomfort in their wake. The transition from mere curiosity to something deeper was palpable, though she struggled to pinpoint exactly what that something might be. Casually, she brushed her fingertips against her face, a gesture that was almost automatic in her attempt to reassure herself that nothing was amiss. Following this, she ran her fingers through her hair, her actions revealing a touch of self-consciousness and shyness.

As they continued to travel, Etterime eventually came into view. Kalestiya was awed by the majesty of the city, taking in all of its sights as they made their way through the cobblestone streets. Her expression revealed a blend of awe, joy and amazement. The architecture was far different compared to what she was used to, its design unlike anything she had ever seen before. Eventually, Kalestiya's eyes began to drift upward toward the top of Etterime's inner wall, taking note of its formidable towers that stretched high into the sky. She pondered their purpose. Were they merely for decorative means, or were they meant to be fortifications?

"Phew," Kalestiya exhaled, turning her attention to Nosdyn. "The lengthy walk has left me feeling quite tired. Would you happen to know of a place nearby where we could find some shelter and nourishment? I'm rather famished at the moment..."
    She found him staring at her once again, this time looking at her from top to bottom. His eyes resting at her ample bust for a few seconds before looking up at her face...
    Last edited by Kalestiya; 08-20-2023 at 06:38 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    As it turns out, The Dark Elf's grandmother turned out to be someone Nosdyn had been intimate with in the past. Many years prior. Nosdyn found out that the Dark Elf's grandmother had been connected by lineage to a Dark Elf Nosdyn knew in the past. They were a people worth saving from N'Jal's wrath. Nosdyn welcomed the fact that he could reconect with an old ally. Food was prepared for them.

Nosdyn barely ate his mind was troubled by constant thoughts of what fate lay before him. "You would welcome me despite my sins?" He looked at Ealadra and then her grand daughter, Lydra. As it turned out Lydra's parents were lost in one of many Dark Elf house assassination attempts gone awry. Nosdyn considered the information he had just learned. His eyes were narrowed as he looked at the three women. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. At that point he saw an opportunity to reclaim what was lost. He looked at Kalestiya. "I wish to help this family out." Nosdyn explained calmly. He knew at that point he was turning his back on N'Jal. There was good he could do.
    The old Demon warrior gradually ate the Dark Elf cuisine slowly. Noticably slowly.
    "You've barely eaten." Ealadra said.

Nosdyn sighed. "I don't have much of an appetite these days." Nosdyn tried to explain. "I'm fueled by my pain." He explained to them all. Knowing Kalestiya would be particularly interested in that detail just then. Nosdyn becam serious at that point. "I have the mark of N'Jal." He said calmly. "I've done things I'm not proud of." In the name of a hateful goddess.

He sighed perhaps there was something that could be saved there after all. Maybe somebody like him could be redeemed. Maybe his fate lay with those women. He ate his meal slowly as they conversed.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 08-21-2023 at 09:25 AM.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Sitting quietly at the table, Kalestiya handled her spoon delicately; after all, her table manners had always been impeccable. The seasoning of the meal suited her taste well, and she made an effort to synchronize her pace with the others at the table, although it proved challenging as Nosdyn's eating was noticeably slower. Taught not to engage in conversation during a meal unless directly addressed, she refrained from speaking. Instead, she attentively listened to the exchange between Nosdyn and their gracious host, the lady who had welcomed her into their midst.

Kalestiya was intrigued by Nosdyn's response, learning that he harbored a troubled past. She looked to him at that moment, studying him carefully. Was the pain in his heart truly that significant? After finishing her meal, Kalestiya delicately picked up a napkin and used it to pat her lips, a gesture of appreciation for the meal. "I am truly grateful for your hospitality, Lady Ealadra," she conveyed with a gentle sincerity. Shifting her attention to Nosdyn, she took the opportunity to address his desire to assist Ealadra's family.

"Is there anything I can do to help you help them?" She asked, tilting her head slightly in curiosity. Although unfamiliar with Dark Elves, her genuine concern for their well-being was palpable. The concept of Nosdyn seeking redemption intrigued her, prompting her to offer her support.

Kalestiya watched him intently, waiting for his response as she folded her hands together in her lap. The expression upon her delicate features remained soft.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night...

The House of Thu'Raal.

The soldier Nosdyn encountered earlier that week had returned to his house. H'ed been soundly defeated. He looked at his superior officers. "My lords I have encountered a demon in our city."

Whispers among the gathered.

There were at least twenty robed figures. "Did you defeat the Demon in question?" One of the robed Dark Elves asked.

The soldier knelt before his house. "I could not defeat this warrior alone." He continued. "Further he had blue skin."

Whispers. One of the robed figures walked over to the young soldier. "Nosdyn..." He sneered. He became very serious at that point. "Listen closely young soldier we must tread very carefully."

With a full squad of reinforcements the soldier returned that night to the house of Ealadra. A group of ten soldiers of the Dark Elf were with him. The boot falls were heavy.

Nosdyn sitting down at his table with the others noticed it first.

The sound of soldier's boots were heavy outside. Nosdyn moved directly into action. He put his food down. He moved to intercept the soldiers that were arriving. Nosdyn did not recognize their house markings. But he did recognize the soldier he had defeated earlier. He clenched his fists tightly. Dark Elf politics were serious in nature, and Nosdyn had to tread carefully to protect his friends. "You." Nosdyn said with anger but did not act at first.

The soldier, backed up with guards looked at Nosdyn. "Nosdyn Krotar." The man said. "You are hereby placed under arrest. By orders of House Thu'Raal."

Nosdyn considered the situation they were all in. He looked at the soldier coldly. "If I refuse to surrender?" Nosdyn asked. The others were beginning to leave the house and join Nosdyn.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Kalestiya keenly observed the swift shift in Nosdyn's demeanor, from tranquility to confrontation, as if the flick of a switch. The sanctuary they had sought in Ealadra's home was now besieged by an unexpected and hostile assembly of soldiers. The situation had blindsided her entirely, and she exchanged a quick, alarmed glance with Ealadra, recognizing the shared astonishment mirrored in the older woman's expression.

Feeling the weight of the urgent situation, Kalestiya moved forward, her instinct compelling her to stand by Nosdyn's side. The sight of the armed soldiers created an undeniable sense of unease within her, yet she gathered her faltering resolve, recognizing the necessity of defusing the tension. With a mixture of anxiety and determination tingeing her voice, she addressed the gathering, her words aimed at both the soldiers and Nosdyn, an attempt to foster understanding. "Please, let's not escalate this further," she implored, her tone carrying a blend of concern and the wish for a peaceful resolution.

Her plea seemed to fall on deaf ears as the guards remained steadfast in their stance. Nosdyn's gaze remained locked onto his adversaries, his body tensed and ready for whatever might transpire. The weight of the situation settled heavily upon Kalestiya's shoulders, and she came to a somber realization that this confrontation was poised to intensify rather than subside. The air crackled with tension, a brewing storm of conflict that seemed ready to break at any moment. As her eyes shifted between the determined guards and the resolute Nosdyn, Kalestiya's concern deepened.

A haze once again enveloped her thoughts. "Oh, not now," she murmured under her breath, a touch of frustration in her tone. She fought to regain her mental clarity, her internal monologue becoming a determined mantra. "Stay focused, stay focused," she whispered, trying to steady her mind.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The soldier of House Thu'Raal calmly looked at Nosdyn the tension palpable in the air. Nosdyn looked off in the ganeral direction of the wind for a moment and then eyed the soldiers, he was ready to fight if need be. Ealadra prepared to step forward. Nosdyn placed his large meaty hand on her chest to stop her. "No." Nosdyn said and stepped forward to face the group. "I refuse to surrender." He said.

One of the soldiers prepared his sword and swung it at Nosdyn. Something happened at that point. Nosdyn once more caught the man's sword bare handed and held it in place. "You are way out of your league here. I know all of your martial tactics." He told the Dark Elf. He gripped the sword in a large hand. Black blood once more poured down from the injury. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes as if fueled by the pain.

He held the sword for a moment and disarmed the warrior in question. He was incredulous as he looked at the old soldier in disbelief. Nosdyn held the sword in his hand for a moment observing it. The markings of House Thu'Raal he did not recognize. It was clearly one of that generation's newer houses. They did not know who Nosdyn was. A moment later, he tossed the blade harmlessly to the side. It clattered away in the pavement. Blood poured freely from Nosdyn's right hand once more. He looked at the boy. "Return to your house. I do not wish to shed blood here." Nosdyn said out loud.

The soldier looked at Nosdyn in fear. He looked at his comrades for a moment, unsure of what to do. His superior officer walked up to Nosdyn. "Nosdyn Krotar." The man began. "Forgive us for our insolance today." He continued. "We surrender to whatever fate you would deem us."

Nosdyn considered for a moment. He wanted no needless violence. He knelt down to the Dark Elf. "Return to your House and never come back." He said carefully. The soldier nodded and from that day forward the soldiers of House Thu'Raal would leave Nosdyn alone. Nosdyn looked at Kalestiya for a long moment. "I am hurt." Nosdyn said plainly and at that point a large migraine headache occured.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Kalestiya's eyes widened in response to the unexpected scene that transpired, astonishment mingling with admiration as she watched Nosdyn face the opposing force without flinching, undeterred and undefeated. Her admiration quickly transformed to distress when his blood was once more spilled, an event that triggered Kalestiya to move forward without even realizing. She reached Nosdyn's side and examined his right hand carefully, her voice tinged with concern.

"Let me take a look at that," Kalestiya suggested as she gently took Nosdyn's hand in hers, noticing the severity of the wound and the continuous bleeding. With utmost care, Kalestiya closed her eyes for a moment and concentrated, as she had done so many times before. The soft glow that always preceded her healing powers soon enveloped Nosdyn's hand as Kalestiya used her abilities, successfully this time, to mend the torn flesh and slowly heal the open cut. Once finished, she opened her eyes once more and smiled at Nosdyn reassuringly, seeing that that the bleeding had stopped.

Observing the guards for a brief moment, Kalestiya realized that Nosdyn's authority seemed to carry great weight among them, enough to disperse their ranks and send them away. At that point, Kalestiya could not help but smile inwardly, proud that Nosdyn could hold his own and protect what was dear to him, even if it required the display of physical strength. Kalestiya's curiosity, however, was piqued when the guard referred to Nosdyn by his full name and she wondered briefly if such a detail was of any significance, especially now that the immediate tension had been dispelled and the soldiers had left.

She noticed Nosdyn's furrowed brow.

"Are you in pain?" Kalestiya inquired, wondering if his injury might still need tending to. "Do you wish to take shelter and rest for a moment? Please, if there's anything I can do to help..."