EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

~The silent game...~ (Open to All)

(Just a social thread open to everyone feel free to join at any point. Note the relic in question is from Kalestiya's vignette last month. I figured we can all start combining our lore. ALL are welcome. You can either join with Nosdyn or work to stop him I don't mind.)

Nosdyn was in their cave for a while. He got up from his bed and looked at the two women in his bed. He nodded and walked to another chamber in the cavernous network. A month had passed. Already the various people of the N'Jal cult were active in the cave. N'Jal was standing by her make shift throne carefully pondering some matters. Nosdyn walked up to her. Observed her for a moment. She was in her humanoid form. Handsome and agreeable woman. Nosdyn looked aroun the chamber was lit by candle.

He looked at his sire. "My lady." Nosdyn said calmly.

The shadows danced calmly on her naked skin. She was a pale woman, with long dark blue hair. Nosdyn knew her true form. She was pregnant those days from Nosdyn's own seed. She smiled as Nosdyn approached. "Still cant sleep?"

He nodded. "Was I always like this? I cannot remember."

N'Jal narrowed her eyes. "Someone took away your memories. That is troubling." She said.

"I don't mind starting over." He said wisely. He looked at N'Jal curiously. Hunger was in his eyes.

"Do you still hunger for me after all these years?" She asked.

Nosdyn nodded. "I still lust for my master." He promised of her. "I await your command." He told her.

"I want you to deliver something for me to Ettermire." She began. "It is a relic I have recovered."

Nosdyn hesitated. "You want me to return to Ettermire?"
    "Yes Nosdyn. My Agent is awaiting this delivery." She though of something. "It's been years since last you were in Ettermire." She said thoughtfully.

"I will see this task completed my lady." He kissed her deeply.

She kissed back a short while later she handed him the relic that was recovered by another set of her agents.

Nosdyn calmly took the relic package and placed it in his packs. "Hold that thought." He winked at her. A short while later Nosdyn gathered his things and began to move to Ettermire. He was alone....

Adventurer

EXP: 500, Level: 1
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next Level: 1,500
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,500

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    As the landscape shifted beneath her, Kalestiya found herself halfway between Raiaera and Ettermire. She had traversed through villages and towns, offering her skills in herbalism and medicine in exchange for food and shelter. It had been an arduous journey to traverse past regions of the mountains of dawn, but with the help of an old veteran soldier, she somehow managed. Now, standing at the halfway point of her journey, Kalestiya's heart swelled with a mix of accomplishment and anticipation. Ettermire beckoned, a city of technological wonders and bustling industry where she hoped to continue her healing work and perhaps learn even more about her innate abilities.

Her intention was to visit Ettermire and gather knowledge and eventually travel south, to the fertile stretch of territory known as Khu’Fein, where amidst the green grass, hardy trees, and the country's only good farmland, she envisioned a chance to contribute in a way that went beyond her skills as a healer. But, first things first, and that was to reach the capital.

The sun cast its warm golden light over the sprawling grassy steppes that stretched out before her. Kalestiya's white dress billowed gently in the breeze as she walked, her thoughts as light as the feathered hair-clip tucked into her hair. The landscape seemed to match her own sense of freedom – wide, open, and filled with endless possibilities. Kalestiya's steps were light and purposeful, her eyes scanning the horizon for any signs of a town or settlement where she could rest for the night. Her small coin purse jingled gently at her side, containing the meager earnings she had gathered during her travels.

With her warm cloak wrapped around her shoulders, Kalestiya continued her journey. The knowledge that she was halfway to Ettermire kept her determined. Her path was, as always, not without challenges, but her resolve remained unshaken.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Profile - Kalestiya Brightheart

Pronunciation - Kalestiya: ka.les.ti.ah
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn silently walked the road to Ettermire. Many thoughts passed through his mind. The wind came in from the East that day. The damnable sun burned brightly overhead. He was an old Demon by that point, raised on a harsh world. He kept his cloak tightly around his person. The wind was a little bit warmer that day and several others travelled the road that day. All were wise to keep their distance from the mysterious traveller. His business in Ettermire was his own. He doubted there were many alive who would recognize him from his past exploits there. His memories had slowly returned from his previous state of amnesia.

As he moved he made sure to avoid other people. Humans and Elves had a tendency to be outright hostile to his presence. The Dark Elves, Drow, were more accepting of who he was. Nosdyn ahead, spotted a mysterious woman. Curious he slowly altered his course to intercept the woman. The curiosity was palpable. Immediately he wondered if she would make a good bed partner.

With his eyes narrowed he looked up at her and nodded to her directly. As a demon of the Tular Plains, he knew he did well to be on neutral grounds in Ettermire. Any other place the woman would have likely attacked. Out of the corner of his eyes he noticed a mysterious glow in his packs. That was clearly a reaction from the relic he was carrying. Curious. As he observed that reaction he stoped a few respectful paces away from the woman.

He looked at her calmly. His hand instinctively went to his prevalida sword hilt but he did not draw it yet. He was hesitating. The meeting with this woman would likely mean something. His arms were folded across his chest. He watched her response prepared for any eventuality...

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    With her eyes fixed on the horizon, Kalestiya contemplated the road she had traveled so far. The villages she had visited, and the help she provided to those in need – they were the mosaic pieces of her journey. Although she had some fond memories, there were also lesser experiences she tried to forget. Regardless, Ettermire's bustling streets and technological marvels held promises and uncertainties, mingling with doubts about whether her healing skills could truly make a difference in such an advanced city.

A gentle breeze played with her hair, a tender caress against her cheeks. Engrossed in her thoughts, she nearly missed the figure emerging on the horizon. A figure of a man, enigmatic and cloaked. It seemed that he had changed his trajectory to intersect with hers. Curiosity warred with caution, emotions swirling within her like autumn leaves. Who was this man that appeared to approach her? With a gentle smile, she waited. There was no fear in her heart.

She could hear his heavy footsteps draw closer now now as well as the the faint rustle of his cloak. He stopped a few paces from her. Her eyes were drawn to his hand, resting on the hilt of his blade. He stood there, arms folded across his chest, an embodiment of solidity. His form exuded strength, each muscle defined in a way that spoke of untamed might. A profound rawness emanated from him, his skin bore a hue of blue, hinting at otherworldly origins. The hood obscured his face, but the strands of white hair that escaped its confines danced gently in the breeze. Every detail she could discern painted a portrait of mystery, leaving her to wonder about the stories hidden within this stranger.

Was he a denizen of Alerar, or perchance a traveler, much like herself? Regardless of his origins, caution was essential, yet respectfulness had to be upheld. Just as she was poised to offer a greeting, a momentary fog of familiarity brushed her thoughts, causing her heart to quicken its pace, as if it were rekindling a long-buried nightmare. She shook her head, resolute in her determination to regain her composure swiftly. With a concerted effort, she returned her attention to the imposing figure before her.

"Um, hello there," she uttered softly, her smile warm and inviting, a gentle wave accompanying her words.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    He nodded to her. The sins of his ancient ancestory were heavy on his heart. Perhaps this woman represented a hope to him. A hope that he could repair the damages of the past. He looked away for a small moment then looked directly at her. He lowered his hood at that point and that action drew some glances from those that were on the road with them. A few of the gathered began to quicken their pace away from Nosdyn. And the girl. Nosdyn was a physically massive individual. Covered in black leather. He was armed with a solitary sword and a side pack that contained the relic that was the sole reason he was there. A part of him felt a pull a tug, gentle at first. But he felt a NEED to help that woman.

He studied her for a moment. "Have no fear." He said in a deep voice. "I mean you no harm." A few of the travellers on the road with them happened to also be Ettermire soldiers. One particular soldier recognized Nosdyn as a Demon of the Tular Plains. He was a grim lad. He walked over towards the two of them.

He looked at Nosdyn with a harsh expression. "State your business here DEMON."

Nosdyn looked away from the woman for a moment and locked gazes with the soldier. "I am but a courier." He began. "I am here to deliver something to a contact within Ettermire." Nosdyn had some memories of the past. He did not know if they would remember a blue skinned Demon from hundreds of years prior.

The soldier drew his sword. "Step away from the Demon young lady." The soldier asked.

Nosdyn looked at the soldier his expression becoming serious. "I mean you no harm." He knew negotiation was futile.

The soldier approached Nosdyn and attempted to stand between the woman and Nosdyn. "Your kind is not welcome within these walls." The soldier said.

Nosdyn frowned for a moment. "Your city used to welcome my people." Nosdyn began. "In order to prevent violence I will leave and report my mission here a failure. My employer would be most displeased." He knew he could not mention N'Jal.

The soldier would not chance it and stepped closer. There was too much animosity towards Demon kind. He pointed his sword towards Nosdyn. "I will not repeat myself. Please leave."

Once more, the relic began to react to the young woman in question. Nosdyn noticed the glowing energy from the relic. "Very well." Nosdyn said grimly. He looked at Ettermire's direction one last time. "I go in peace."

Suddenly, the soldier attacked Nosdyn with a clean slashing attempt...

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    As the tension escalated between the strong looking stranger and the guard, Kalestiya's heart pounded in her chest, her initial intrigue and curiosity morphing into genuine shock. Her wide eyes flitted between the two figures, unable to process the sudden turn of events.
    "W-wait, what is going on? Please do not fight," she pleaded.

The guard's sword whizzed through the air, it's sharp edge aimed at the blue-skinned figure.

A crowd began to gather, their whispers crescendoing as curiosity drew them in closer. Anxiety gnawed at the pit of her stomach, yet against the uncertain backdrop, her voice emerged resolute. "Stop! Please, stop!" she called out, her words resonating with an urgent plea. Though her cautious instincts warred with her impulse to intervene, she took a faltering step forward. "This doesn't have to happen. We can find a peaceful solution," she implored, the melody of her healer's heart weaving through her words. Her trembling hands pressed tightly against her chest.

In her attempt to diffuse the escalating tension, Kalestiya's efforts were met with a hazy cloudiness that invaded her thoughts once more. She winced, fingers reflexively pressing against her temples. A soft moan escaped her lips, a fleeting memory or sensation clawing at the edges of her mind. What was this familiar sensation? it almost felt as if a foreign thought sought entry into her consciousness. The moment passed in a heartbeat, and she regained her composure.

Now situated amidst the growing throng, Kalestiya found herself surrounded by voices rising in both cheers and shouts. The unfolding drama between the enigmatic stranger and the guard had ignited a spark of fascination within the crowd, the fervor of their reactions heightened by the very spectacle they were witnessing.

Driven by instinct, Kalestiya sprinted toward the unfolding clash. She believed she could intercede and appeal to reason. But in that crucial moment, the guard, unaware of her approach, poised for another swing at his blue-skinned opponent.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The sword sliced through the air towards it's intended target...

Suddenly it happened. Nosdyn acted he did not draw his sword there was no need to. Bare handed a giant blue hand caught the soldier's sword. Nosdyn held the sword at bay for a moment. He looked at the guard for a cold moment. Obviously torn between violence or somehting else. He held the sword for a solid five minutes. Blood trickling down his hand, black blood the blood of Demons. Nosdyn locked gazes with the guard. He could have easily over powered the soldier, but he chose not to. Instead....

It happened all at once. He reacted and used his might to shove the guard away knocking him backwards a few feet. Nosdyn was clearly very strong. After that he paused. He looked at the gathered. A peculiar thing happened just then. The guards and the travellers who were gathered suddenly KNELT before Nosdyn. Nosdyn was somewhat familiar with Ettermire culture he knew they respected the strong. Nosdyn had beat one of the city guard soundly. He looked at the others for a moment. Momentarily confused. "You would accept me?" He suddenly asked.

One of the female Dark Elves walked up to Nosdyn. "My grandmother used to speak of a blue skinned Demon Lord." She looked at Nosdyn and the young woman. "Forgive the soldier on our behalf Lord Nosdyn." She knew who he was.

The legends were true. An ancient Demon Lord once walked the streets of Ettermire and lived with them as an equal. Many thoughts passed through Nosdyn's mind. "Does this mean you have come back to us?"

Nosdyn looked at the young woman before him for a moment. The relic was clearly reacting to her. He sealed his own fat e by removing the satchel from his pack and offering it to Kalestiya. "I believe this belongs to you." Nosdyn said in a grim voice. The defeated soldier left returning to the city guard in defeat. The others gathered around Nosdyn and Kalestiya.

"My grandmother used to speak stories of a Demon Lord named Nosdyn. He was trying to unite the houses of the Tular Plains and Alerar." She said calmly they were all looking at Nosdyn.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 08-19-2023 at 05:27 PM.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Kalestiya stopped in her tracks and watched the intense scene unfold before her eyes. The burly man had stopped the guards blade with his bare hand. What a display of raw power. She noticed a black liquid pouring down from the sword and dripping from the tip. Was it blood? So he was wounded after all?

Shortly after pushing the guard away from him, Kalestiya was surprised to see everyone around her, kneel down. She was slightly confused and wondering what was happening. Was this some sort of custom in this region? An female figure, what appeared to be an Elf, walked up to the burly man and exchanged words with him.

While their conversation ensued, the man's attention veered toward her, and from his pack, he retrieved an object. Simultaneously, a haze seemed to envelop her thoughts, the familiar tendrils of a foggy sensation creeping in. A voice, almost spectral, echoed in her mind.

"Suvryael fe der Lerm..."

His deep voice pierced the reverie, snapping her back to the present. "I believe this belongs to you," he uttered, his outstretched hand cradling an artifact she instantly recognized. Its ominous aura seemed to pulse in rhythm with her racing heart. A hitch in her breath and an audible gasp underscored her sheer astonishment.

"N-no... this cannot be..."

A sense of dread seeped through her veins, entwining with the tendrils of panic that gripped her. A torrent of thoughts surged within her, a floodgate of questions and apprehensions. Could this man be another agent of the Children of N'jal, a relentless pursuer from the mountains? Was he driven by the desire for vengeance, propelled by his master's demise? Apprehension tightened its hold, a vice-like grip that urged her to take a hesitant step backward. Caught in a tangle of haze and escalating fear, her mind wrestled with the artifact's inexorable pull.

"Suvryael fe der Lerm... Veom pe'ev"

A clash of instincts urged her to run, yet an unexplainable force held her in place, trapped in an irresistible grip beyond her control. Kalestiya could only muster a small step backward. "Are you here to seek vengeance for your master?" she inquired, her voice tinged with a mix of desperation and resignation.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Memories...came flooding back to him all at once. Apparently long ago, Nosdyn had spent a long time in Ettermire. He had affected much change with his own hands. He narrowed his eyes holding the relic out to her. He was not an idiot, he had some knowledge of what Thayne artifacts were and how they reacted to their proper owner. He held it out to her so she can take it into her posession. He was prepared to take whatever punishment N'Jal would deem to give him.

He looked at that young woman. He looked at the people around him. A choice had to be made. "You all don't even know me." Nosdyn began. But it had to be said. "However if I've been here in the past I have a proposition for you all." He said as he made sure he held the relic out to the young woman. A choice had to be made.

"If you all will have me, I wish to sever ties with N'Jal." He was acting of his own accord. He was using his own free will. He considered what he was saying. Could N'Jal's sway be severed? He was not sure.

He looked at the young woman and the dark elf. He suddenly did something they would all have not expected. He knelt holding the relic out to the young woman. "I yield before you all and submit to my fate." He said.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Kalestiya stood, frozen, staring at the relic the burly man extended out towards her. Was she hearing right? She asked herself. N'Jal could have someone submit to his will. Did she? What if it was some sort of trick? The man had demonstrated an exceptional display of physical prowess. Was it wise to risk approaching him? Her apprehension seemed to heighten. Could he be toying with her, trying to entrap her, luring her into his grasp? She felt cornered. Thoughts raced in a flurry and questions plagued her mind. She had to think fast!

Before the torrent of thought and questions could subside, the man knelt before her, offering the relic and submitting himself to whatever fate might befall him. A rush of disbelief filled her mind, the realization finally dawning upon her. "W-what are you doing?" she stuttered.

The fog that had clouded her mind now dissipated, allowing her to think with clarity. The haunting voice had retreated, no longer entangling her thoughts. With a hesitant resolve, she approached the kneeling man and joined him in genuflection. Her hands reached out to delicately enfold his, encouraging his fingers to clasp around the artifact.

"I have no need for this," she whispered softly, "it was never mine to begin with."

Her gaze drifted to his palm, where a noticeable cut from the altercation caught her attention. "Please, let me..." Kalestiya offered, focusing her intent. She reached out to heal the wound, but strangely, she couldn't sense a connection to the man's vitality. Puzzled, she furrowed her brows.

From her pouch, she retrieved a small vial and a piece of cloth. "May I?" she inquired, indicating her intention to apply salve to, and bandage the man's wound.
    Last edited by Kalestiya; 08-20-2023 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Grammar corrections.