Pandion woke up. He turned about and saw that the world he knew was not the same, it had changed and the coastline he had grown fond of was no longer that of the sleepy town he had called home for a year. The arrokocra was angry. This was not the first time the Lodge of Learning had teleported him to a new place and time.

He stood up and brushed himself off. The simple leather armor told him he was in a primitive world again, one that had yet to meet the standard of the Lodge but could be brought to that place. He looked down and saw that his talons were dug deep into the sand, and on the horizon a sinking sun outlined the silhouette of a small child with hair blowing in the wind. Rose, a small girl with sharp eyes stared at him. It was then that he worked his way to Whitharbor and Althanas.

After a year, he was well known. He had helped fight back the elves from the nearby forests and kept the sahuagin from leaving the shore to raid the fishing village. His clawed hands had become familiar with the rudimentary bow and arrows that always found their mark.

It was another calm and quiet day with the sun hanging overhead. He heard the cries of happiness from the children as they ran through the square playing tag. Each of his steps was a scratch of claws on cobblestone, but he and the village as a whole were not bothered by the tracks left in his wake.

"Oh," said Janice the baker, almost bumping into him as she left her shop with an armful of bread. Pandion quickly held the door and steadied the tray while she caught her balance. "I didn't see you there, sir."

"Not sir," he said with a chirp and as much of a pleasant smile/grin as he could with a raptor beak. "Are you ok?"

"Quite!" She exclaimed with delight. "I am just on my way to the wedding preparations for Geraldine and Favius, would you like to accompany me?"

The Aarokocra nodded and took the heavy tray from the woman. He extended a clawed hand and said "Lead on madam."