Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,500

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    As Kalestiya's racing heart began to slow and her breathing steadied. A gentle knock on the door startled her. "Lady Kalestiya, are you alright?" a familiar voice sounded from the other side of the door, breaking the stillness of the night.

With a shaky breath, she rose from her bed, her feet padding softly against the wooden floor as she approached the door. With trembling fingers, she turned the handle and pulled the door open. In the dim light of the hallway, she was met by the sight of a young swordsman standing before her. His black hair framed his face, and the simple clothes and leather armor he wore hinted at his profession. It was Seran, a skilled swordsman she had met on her travels. His intense gaze was filled with concern.

"Seran-" Kalestiya murmured, relief flooding her at the sight of him. She attempted a weak smile, though her eyes still held traces of fear from her recent nightmare. "I- I am fine, I only had a nightmare."

Seran's expression softened as he took in her appearance. "I heard you scream," he confessed softly. "I had to make sure you were alright."

Kalestiya nodded, grateful for his presence. "Thank you," she whispered, feeling a sense of comfort wash over her. Despite her unease, she was glad for his company, and she couldn't help but notice the way his gaze lingered on her face for a moment longer than necessary.

"Do you... want to talk about it?" he asked hesitantly, his voice barely above a whisper. Kalestiya shook her head, not trusting her voice to remain steady as she recalled the details of her nightmare. "I'm not ready to," she replied, averting her gaze. "But thank you for asking."

A short silence fell between them as Seran struggled to find the right words to say. "If... If you ever do want to talk about it, I'm here," he finally said. Kalestiya forced a smile as she met his gaze once more. "I know," she murmured, before closing the door gently behind her as he turned and walked down the hall. With a sigh, Kalestiya leaned against the door for support as the memory of her nightmare flashed in her mind once more. Her body trembled slightly as she fought back the tears that threatened to fall. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, forcing herself to regain control of her emotions.

"It was just a dream," she reassured herself, "nothing more."

As Kalestiya pushed herself away from the door and moved towards the window, she gazed out at the moonlit sky. Its brilliant light illuminated the dark, empty streets below, casting a silver glow across the sleeping town. She inhaled deeply, allowing the crisp night air to fill her lungs as she tried to calm herself further.

"It wasn't real," she said firmly, her eyes fixed on the bright orb hovering above her, "and it won't ever be real."

With renewed determination, the young healer stepped away from the window, taking one last glance at night sky before turning away. She slipped under the covers of her bed, hoping to get some much-needed sleep. Although She struggled with her thoughts for a while, exhaustion eventually overtook her, and she slowly drifted off into a restful slumber, and this time she did not dream.
    Last edited by Kalestiya; 03-30-2024 at 09:27 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Profile - Kalestiya Brightheart

Pronunciation - Kalestiya: ka.les.ti.ah
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------