Wordlessly I was pulled into his strong grasp, eased into his chest he pressed my back against his torso. The action confused me, and I awaited the inevitable pain that was to come.

No...

Nothing of the sort came. Instead he gave her an answer to a question she almost forgot she asked. Companion... the words sounded odd coming from the man, whispered and low. I wasn't sure how much weight they carried. If any. I... was his comPaNion? ThaT coulDn'T be RiGht... I waS nOthing to him.

N̖̻̟̣̓̂̈ͨ̇oÌŽÌ Ì‘Ì¾T̞͓̻̊̿ͨ̎͂ͅ ̳h̳̫͋̏͒͂iÌ”Ì‡Í§Ì Ì˜Ì¯n̮̞ͪͧ͆̓͐ͬͅ ³G͙̖̯ͦ͂ͨ̒̂Ì*Ì¯Ì ®.̰͇̗͓͕̜
ͯͧ͂̒ͪ̐ͮÌ*̫̤̪̣

I shifted to move but stilled as I felt it. Soft, affectionate and tender strokes as fingers curled into my hair, trailing downward. "What are you-" I stopped. SoMeThinG waSn't RiGht. His body felt rigid against mine and his breath was low and unsettling.

LiAr... LiAr... LiA r

L̯̰͓̘̖͖͖ỉ̆͂ šÌ²Í‰ā̜̩̻̣͚̿͛rÌ ÌÌ³.....

LIAR LiAr L̂̽͋ͩ͟͝͏͎̗̙̳ £Ì¼Í“͕͍̜IÌŠÌÌ¿ÌšÍ‘Ì Í‹Í‘ÍŠÍ¨ÌšÍ—Í¨ÌÌ´ÍžÌµ —Ì*Ì*̖͍AÌ½Ì€ÌšÌ”Í«ÌŽÍ Í‘ÌÍ¬Í„Í¤Í¬Í¯ÌŽÌ½Í¤ÌÍ Ì¸Ì•ÍžÌ¥ÍšÌ³Í”R̉͗ͤͪ ̈́̎̏̆̿̍ͨ̊̍͑Í*Ì¢ ͈̲̗͈̲̱̙̳́̀ͅ
LiAR

His words and affections... Such lies.... he was cold, so cold. "As cold as your fake affections." I whispered. As he commented on my well-being, a warm hand pressed against my forehead before he winced inwardly and pulled away his hand. ThAt's RighT. My ToUCh bUrns.

He asked me what I wanted. What he could get me. I pressed myself further into his back. Somehow... my thoughts were becoming a little clearer. "YoU're a liar." Even as I said those words I gently grabbed his arms and cohersed them to wrap around my torso. He complied, oddly enough, and squeezed me tightly.

His affections were a lie. They were just actions without emotion, but - should that really matter to a monstEr likE mE? I turned, and pressed my head into the crook of his neck, wishing that the action would not burn his skin. It was a lie, but the warmth of another was welcomed.

"No." I replied. "Just tell me, why are you committing such a farce?" I gripped his arms tighter, ensuring he wouldn't pull away. "What do you have to gain? Are you trying to- to..."

Dammit... I lost my words again.

I sighed as I shut my eyes. "I want this fuzziness in my head to go away. I want to be able to think again. How am I supposed to protect you like this?"