Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    I blinked he said names I didn't quite remember. A few rang familiar, and tugged at memories I simply could not bring forth at the moment. Taka? Noel? S̜̘̟̪͇̼͕h̹i̫̣̩̫͉̳n̯S̱̱̲̪͇̻̟o̟̼͖͖̭̞u?͙̙̼͚̗

"WHo...ArE thosE peoplE?"

My actions. Did they cause his blood. Slowly, memories trickled into the forefront of my mind as I repeated the names to myself. Minutes passed, I wasn't sure how many, did they turn into hours? I didn't know. "Noel was a cuck who deserved his fate." These words, they were mine. They were spoken wth the cold rythmic tone I felt I was accustomed to. So why was that b͚̯̪̥r͉̲̙̤̣e̟̱̮a͍̪̲k̖i̮̗n͎̰g͎͍̻͇̪̤? I continued. Voice strained. Who were the others? Taka...oh he meant Zero. The little empty shell I had destroyed.

I closed my eyes, loosing my train of thought again. "What was I to you?"

What..what was that? DiD I saY thAt?

'Snap, Crack, Snap'

There was the distinct sound of footsteps approaching. Denying me of an answer I wasn't entirely sure I sought. The silver haired man tensed. He heard it too. Then the makeshift shelter was torn away. Despite my ailments I found myself acting on instinct, I pushed myself to Shaky feet, and six snakes erupted form my back. They hovered threateningly behind me as I stood over the silver haired man.

"WHO?"

The word dripped from my mouth, a hissed order through clenched teeth. My entire body was on fire and I struggled to focus on the figure before me. He looked to be a man dressed in royal blues, he was armed with a crossbow aimed directly at my heart. He spoke in a calm, clear voice. "I don't have the poison to waste on you. Move."

PoIsoN

This was the man that hurt him. He was but a man, a cutthroat to be sure, but naught but a man. Before his finger was able to pull the trigger one snake had sunk its teeth into the flesh of his neck. Two others had twisted his hands sickeningly away from the bow, breaking the bones. The man was already on his knees. I took three shaky steps toward him. "WhO SenT YoU."

The man gasped for air, refusing to answer, I leaned over him, digging a heel into the meat of his groin. He screamed. "EISKALT! FUCK! EISKALT!" I pressed harder, his screams ebbing me on. I had no thought, no constraint. I breathed deep and could smell death lingering on the air. My lips twisted into a cruel and cold grin. "I like how you smell..."

"Wh-WHAT?"

His confusion and fear was clear even with the toxins that were seeping into his skin, and the burns in his arm, the internal bleeding. He fell to the floor. All I had to do was finish the job.

"Enough."

His command snapped me out of it. His words rang loud through the night, over the roar of thunder. I stepped back and to the side. Why did he ask me to stop? I was defending him wasn't I? Then it hit me. Bubbling up from inside, I couldn't stop it. I vomited. Black bile and ichor spilled from my lips as I stumbled backward. With that bile came a sudden wave of pain, emotion. Why? WHY? W̙̹̩͍̼̤͉H̤̲̳͇̭̭̤Y̱̮̟͚̗̩

Shit.

ShIt.

The snakes flickered out of existence, and I quickly realized I had pushed myself too much. But how was that too much? It was a small feat that re-

that..

wait...

Wh A T...

What am I?

My wo rl d w. a s fading...I had to say something..."Lye.... My voice cracked as I caught this wrist, trying to tug myself up off the ground. My eyes caught his, and I swore I saw flickers of amber reflected in his stony emerald gaze. The way his breath hitched in his throat. I know he saw it too. Flecks of something which should have been stomped out of me a long time ago, things that had been ripped from me, beaten from me time and time again by the very man I was trying to make amends to. "Lye..." His lips were always turned down into that scowl. What was my promise? Did I not...tell him I'd make him s̖̻̻̻m͕͉̻̦̞i̹le̟͔̪͍ͅ?

I'm SoRry..." My words, did they reach him? Or were they drowned out by the harsh winds and rain?

His Assailant was as good as dead. I had done my task.

AftEr AlL...

I aM jUst a a̖͙ͤͫͧ́͛ͥͩ ͓͍̳̟̠͊ͯ̂͋̓͛͐D͓̲ͣͪe͓͈͇̫̾́̂̓ͅM̦͕̰̙̯̺̗͊̑o̯̥̯̾ͨ̂̒ͧ̔͑ͅn I̮̣͉̋̉͂̄ͪc͖̠͕̲̩̜̊͊̒͊̎ͫ͋ ̼͓͉͖̣̩̝͑̄Tͯ̿̓ͫ͆̉ỏ̘̥͉͗ͫͬ̽öl̜̖̓.͉̺̗̼̣͖ͧͦ͑ͪ͂

And then, the darkness came and took me once more.
    Last edited by Amari; 09-19-2017 at 02:03 PM.