Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    "Let us rest then, daughter of Drys." Breaker said. "It is but a small thing," he assured her, ruffling the fringe of her new cloak, "consider it a gift from our goddesses, to safeguard the lyre-bearer." It did not occur to him to tell Philomel that he required little in the way of rest. Instead he lay down on the soft ground and looked up at the moonbeams filtering through the trees. Even with Suravani's brilliance in full bloom, he found the image of Philomel's blushing face lingering in his mind. She had turned positively scarlet when he presented the cloak and tucked that final soul blossom behind her ear. Her eyes had glistened like twin pools in the moonlight.

If I am not careful, Breaker thought, I may find myself entranced by this faun.

Shall I be jealous? The moon twinkled, and Suravani's musical laugh echoed in Josh's mind.

Can love between two mortals ever serve to make a deity envious? Breaker wondered. Only the wind in the trees answered the frivolous question. Once again clouds passed over the moon, and the demigod found himself alone with the sound of Philomel's slumber.

Perhaps I should sleep as well, Breaker thought, if not out of need then to pass the time. A small part of him, the part that always felt lonely around other mortals, longed to waken the faun and regale her with stories of his adventures. And to hear her tales as well. There may be time for that, much later, he thought, for now it is my duty to guard her, and her duty to rest so that she will be ready for tomorrow's journey.

Breaker lay still on his back and listened to the leaves quaking in the trees, to the branches banging against one another in broken rhythm. To the swish of long grass and bushes, and the far-off howl of hunting Dur'Taigen. Drys seemed to speak to him in those sounds, lulling him to sleep. Rest now, warrior, he swore he heard her say, for the perils ahead will leave you not a moment to close your eyes. Breaker's broad chest rose and fell as his breathing became deep and regular. The breeze quieted, and the clouds covering the moon thickened. The demigod's eyelids drooped shut, and he fell asleep to the rhythmic sounds of the faun slumbering nearby.
    Last edited by Breaker; 05-30-2018 at 09:24 AM.