They traversed further into the tunnel, passing three more doors and several guards. Each looked at Stare and Raevin as they passed, each unlocking those doors that needed to be unlocked, and showing various forms of respect, from more bows to a grunt. When they got to the first doors that started off from the corridor, set into the walls thsmeves, it got wider. A face or two appeared in the windows and grills at doors, watching in awe as Vitruvion's two primary aides walked past.

Onwards they went, until they came to a sudden large, round room. Stare knew from experience that they had passed five of the brotherhood's suites, and five lay beyond, down a corridor that sat directly opposite the one they had come from. Another one lay perpendicular to them, and all of it was decked out in the same white stone.

Raevin paused, looking at her for a moment.

"You say you were captured and held for five days, yeah?"

A flash of memory came across Stare's mind. Five days indeed it had been, held in a dark cell, bound with arms and legs behind her in cruel metal, a blindfold around her eyes to stop her from doing magic. She had learnt, whilst escaping along with her friend Nevin, that the people who had captured her were bounty hunters, and worked alongside a demonic mage. That man had been able to remove her devinely bestowed cuff that allowed Vitruvion to be able to see into her mind, undetected by her, and speak to her. But without it, he had become anxious and sent Raevin, his other second in command to rescue her. But she had done most of that herself.

It also transpired that the mage himself said that his sponsor (the demon) had been approached by someone. Someone who had spoken about Vitruvion as their 'brother'. But as far as Stare knew Vitruvion only had one half sister.

"Yes. You saw the state I was in and," she touched her wrists where there were still clear signs of chafing, where the days of manacles had worn away feather, skin and even flesh. "Why would I ever lie about this?"

Raevin raised his brows and shrugged. "I have no idea. We'll leave it up to him, shall we, to make up his mind."

She stared furiously, eyes darkening. "Rae. I am not lying. The mage removed my cuff, he basically told me outright his power came from demon. He spoke of a brother. How many times do I need to tell you this?"

Raevin blinked, then shrugged. "I am not sure," he confessed. "Enough times until it makes sense." He stood up and nodded at the corridor. Another door - the last door, of oak and brass - stood before them, that which led into the council chambers. Where Vitruvion, the man who was secretly a god, and had claimed himself as her god, sat in session. Her employer. Her ... Master.

Stare sucked in her breath and nodded herself, before starting forwards. Into the breach, to face the man - who was secretly a human form-bound god - from whom she had been unable to contact all these days.

He was going to be furious.