... Sir, she growled into her mouth, throwing him the information. As well as the memories from down here, just so he knew what it was like.

I prefer 'my lord's if you must know, Stare. Get the elf ... But get the man also but cuff them both. I will not risk anything. And remember a set for our friend.

He said nothing more, and she continued to throw the emotions at the forefront of her mind.

Cuff them? I thought we were rescuing them.

Stare, shut the fuck up and get on with it. We do not have the time for to question me right now. She caught a glimpse of him rifling through a drawer full of papers. So he was in the office space already. Well? Get me my prisoners!

She flinched at the word, and ducked her head. Knowing his patience was waning and she could very easily make up the fourth prisoner in a matter of moments she took up the keys that she had grabbed from one of the corpses, and used it to open the door. Immediately she spied the elf sitting up, huge eyes wide and staring from the same darkness that Stare had been in not a few days prior.

Stare stepped in, knowing she looked awful drenched in blood. Simply she looked at the girl dully and didn't bother to drop the one knife she had still in hand. Instead she paused and said in a low voice:

"My employer and I just killed all the guards. I don't know why you are in here though, so I am going to have to ask you both to submit being cuffed ... It will make it easier."

The elf blinked a few times and let out a soft groan before just nodding and looking down.

"Front or back?" She asked.

Honest surprise flashed through Stare's eyes. She gave a quick glance to the man strung up at the wall. It was likely that he had heard, but his stance did not indicate he had listened. His eyes were set straight forwards.

"Him?" Stare gestured with her knife at the man, turning back to the elf, who paused and shook her head.

"I do not know," she murmured. "But he says things ..."

Stare breathed in, then looked around her until she found a useful number of chains and manacles. One seemed very similar to that which had held Stare. In fact it was in such a position and such a state that she reckoned it was.

Well, Vitruvion said it wanted something similar to what she had been bound in. The exact same thing should do fine. Stare bent down to pick it up. There was a small grunting gasp, and Stare looked up to see the elf at the back of the cell, face pale.

Stare considered her and what she had likely been through here. She shook her head as she heaved up the chains and flung them over her shoulder. Then beneath them, entangled into them she saw a set of handcuffs. Open and waiting. Without looking up she used a foot to slide them over to the elf.

"Front will do," she said, uncomfortably and trying not to think anymore.

There was a pause, then a series of light clicks as well as an uneasy groan. The scrape of steps, the awkward shuffling of someone bound. Finally Stare looked up when her instinct told her and she saw the elf around two metres away with her hands around her back. The elf suddenly turned and showed Stare her wrists, secured with the cuffs.

"I only want to get out of here," she said uneasily, her eyes always on Stare's.

Instantly Stare knew that the elf was telling the truth. With a short nod she herself turned, heading out of the cell, trying to ignore the shiver that ran down her spine.

"Just wait at the bottom of the stairs," the kenku asked. "Wait for me for your own safety."

And walked into the cell with the man.

His eyes, previously down and ignoring her finally drew up when Stare came in. They fixed onto her, as if her crossing his path directly was the only thing that made him see her. Stare knew he was different - that much was clear from the way he almost lounged against his restraints. Truly it was odd - it was if he was relaxed about this entire situation.

"If you didn't hear me speak to the elf," Stare began, "I said-"

"I know what you said, girl," the man growled back in a hiss. "And I don't care. I will not listen to the words of any ..." He spat the word. "slave."

Stare did what she did best - she stared at him, and focused into her mind. Problem here, she called internally, He knows what I am to you.