Seconds passed, and then he simply gave up and relaxed, grunting with acceptance.

“Well. Direct question with a direct answer. The façade could have not continued for long.” He smiled gloriously. “Pleased make your acquaintance at last, Nevin. Stare has revealed many interesting things about you.” He laid his hands on the table, watching the human with poise and grace, ready for any action.

“I am Vitruvion.”

Nevin calmly set his drink down on the table and laced his fingers together in front of his mouth, staring for a long few moments at the white haired man across from him. This man.
This man was the one responsible for the atrocities that had happened to Avis. Not just the first time but this time as well. She had been targeted because of her connection to him, which was merely a tool some being had used to attack the person in front of him.

If Nevin hadn't gotten the chance to let out some of his aggression against their captors, he might have acted without thinking, might have attacked the man. But that would accomplish absolutely nothing - as he was now Nevin doubted he could even affect this being in the least.

So instead he picked up his tea and took another long, slow drink, and set it down on the table. Then he brought his gaze up to Vitruvion’s.

“So then. This is either a recruitment attempt, or, you are attempting to verify if what Stare told Raevin, and probably you as well, is true. I will answer whatever I can, if the latter is the case.”

Vitruvion took a moment to watch the man's expression, taking in what he could in the minute details of anger and frustration. Despite not having an easy way into Nevin's mind - not obviously at least, any magic user was relatively powerful resistant to him, regards from the gods of Althanas - he could figure out what the alchemist was thinking. The emotions at least, connected to what he knew already of Nevin.

He sat back and kept his eyes steady, knowing any attack would not harm him. Not likely. He tilted his head slightly, tapping a finger on the table as he thought how best to reply.

“No. I need neither you right now, nor confirmation of what my kenku went through. She has shown me every memory, they were perfectly believable as she cannot take them to me.” He raised a hand to tuck hair behind his ear. “I am in this city with her to actually get revenge on those who stole her from me.”

He picked up his steaming tea and drank a draught straight, no regard for the heat.

“I actually came to look for you, intrigued as to why she holds you in such high regard.” He set the mug down. “I hold to my promise that I am no threat to you.”

Nevin’s lips drew into a thin, hard line at the reminder of what had happened to Stare. It was a reassurance that this… man… didn’t need him at the moment, but the fact that he could see her memories was aggravating. Still, there was nothing that could be done for it at the moment. Instead he nodded once, abruptly.

“I know you probably don't need to hear this to do it, but I hope you make them -suffer-. Each and every one of the mongrels that were involved in taking her. If I wasn't involved in my own hunt for the ones who decided I would make a good target, I would happily join you in exterminating them with prejudice.” The alchemist leaned back in his seat,

“And as for why she holds me in high regards, I could not answer that, for I do not know it. I believe my soul is what interested her at first with the damage done to it that she could see. Past that, you probably have a better idea than I do.” His shirt rippled as he shrugged.