My eyebrows shot up to my hairline as I processed this, and felt my pulse quicken. Of all the things I had expected to find in these woods, another alchemist, especially a more experienced one, was nowhere on that list. This trip had just become what was, I would guess, my most successful ever for my alchemical knowledge. If she was willing to share even a small portion of what she knew...

"Fascinating! You're the first alchemist I've met since I finished basic studied and my former master passed away. I've mostly been self taught from texts and personal experimentation. Now, you said you studied poisons and diseases mostly? Were you researching cures? Causation? Ways to accelerate or aggravate conditions? I myself tend towards remedies,
as for now that's what people expect and purchase, so until I have enough liquid assets to fund more extravagant study I have to keep in mind what will sell."
I didn't bother hiding the irritation in my voice at that. I had chosen Stonevale because I knew how to make something that would sell well there, but now that I had taken care of the bulk of the problem of the Miner's Lung I was growing anxious to move on and tackle something else.

I also kept quiet on my blood Alchemy. It fell under more personal abilities, and normal Alchemy couldn't do what it could the same way, so I doubted Madison would have any advice on that matter. Before I could continue asking questions, rusty hinges announced someone else entering.

For a moment, a bolt of agitation ran through me. Was this one of the guards, reacting to some unseen command from Madison? Had she decided I was too much hassle or - then I saw the figure entering, and that fear abated. Another mythril mask covering the face - just how similar were their features to those of the briar thing that had pursued me here? - and a casual dress were worn by the person entering the room, carrying an ornate tea set.

Like Madison, this new person, Hyperion, had four amber eyes glowing from her mask. Her tone was much happier than Madison's though, and her eyes seemed to glow with a warmth, while Madison's had what I would have thought was cool interest. I stood up, brushing off the dust that clung to my legs, and bowed to Hyperion before stepping out of the way to let her put her burden down.

"Indeed Miss Hyperion. My name is Nevin, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."