That thing, that blasted thing. There was no way, to Nevin's mind, that 'Grumpy' was not a fully functioning individual all on its own. Sketch had called the Grym 'sentient' before, but the Alchemist had presumed it was merely sapient, as some people could confuse the two terms. But no - watching the dwarf Grym cling to the mast for dear life, Nevin knew. He knew, that the Grym were not just nightmares. They were something else, something more, and Sketch was... What, calling them in? Inviting them over with his tales?

Consideration of the summoned beings was put on hold as Philomel spoke. She summation what they wanted to learn rather adriotly, and Nevin nodded at her words. Fighting with a whip was his goal indeed - the barbed weapon that was waiting for him would be devastating to those caught in its coils. Once it was made, that is. For now, the simple hide whip would let him practice using a whip without hurting himself.

And as for learning footwork and balance... The chunk of metal on his lap would suffice for now. And he had been called far worse things than 'pretty boy' before - though he didn't know why Glenda seemed to dislike him, but like Sketch. Maybe something about the other man appealed to the female pirate? He didn't particularly mind - Glenda was human, and Nevin preferred to keep his distance from those when he could outside of business.

"Lady van der Aart, I will tread this.
Path as long as necessary to achieve my goals, no. Matter how arduous it might become. If I had been even a bit better, Av-Stare would have not had to fight as hard when we were escaping. While capable, she was injured, and I should have been more reliable than I was for her."
Nevin's hand tightened around the hilt of the sword, hard enough that his gloves and the sword hilt creaked under the pressure.