“And as for sleep. I know not this thing which you mention. I…. Perhaps might have gone back to the library after being unable to sleep due to Druss. Ah, that reminds me.” The man began rummaging in the pockets of his trousers, then brought out a small black pouch, scarcely more than a scrap of cloth folded and sewn up. Holding it over his coffee he pulled it open, up ending the contents into his drink. A thin stream of small silvery sand fell into the mug, and Nevin stirred the contents of his cup with a finger for a moment. Then a deep breath, and he picked up the cup and drained the entire mixture, and both women would see a shake run across his entire form.

“Rather nasty tasting stuff, and it feels like drinking sand mixed into your drink. Effective at helping with the aftereffects of a sleepless night, though.” The redhead’s smile was noticeably strained, now.

Stare looked at him with disapproval, “Nevin, you should have said. I could have got you a room on the other side of the house.” She paused. “Also you are going to be shattered for your trip if you leave today.” Carefully she avoided saying 'our trip’ just in case Vitruvion disallowed her to go.

“On that, I hope you found useful things. There was a book I found whilst we were searching on some of the more bloodthirsty plants, might be worth taking notes on it.”

Mer butted in then. “So did you get the Tailors done yesterday?”

“Yes and the Emporium. All that needs done is the Offices. If you could do that …” Stare looked at her with a raised brow ridge.

The elf pouted slightly but shrugged. “I'm perfectly capable.”

Stare sighed and glanced back to Nevin, eyeing his coffee and the effects that the silver powder seemed to have on him warily. “What did you find last night then?”

“It's not the first time I've had to deal with a sleepless night, and I doubt it will be the last.” The alchemist leaned back in his chair and stretched, working out kinks in his shoulders before settling back in. “I must have missed the tome on plants that you found - what I gathered was information mostly pertaining to the former master of the place, until her demise. Good riddance. A little bit on the history of the place before her arrival and twisting of the forest, but not too much was seen there.” He leaned forward and rested his chin on one palm as he stared ahead, eyes lost in thought.

“A few newsheets were stored in there as well, bound together and talking about various rumors about the place. Even after the former mistress’ disappearance people have gone missing, even experienced explorers who should be able to handle the dangers posed by man eating plants. Aside from that rumors of a strange cult, and a strange creature. The place has apparently gotten quite weird after her demise.” Suddenly he blinked and looked to Mer, and bowed his head.