It was in that time, around twenty minutes later, that Stare realised all of her hatred for Vitruvion for earlier had melted away. There they were, kenku and human-form bound god, pouring over the words of so many avid explorers and chroniclers. Their conversation became casual and unrestrained, discussing the issues without hesitation and entirely with agreement. Stare found herself quite naturally adapting into a more respectful state, regarding Vitruvion, as he was, on the greater authority on the subject. He spoke about the disgarded races he had been able to glean a history of from Ansaldo's memories, and she apologised in the few times she interrupted him. He carried on, talking as naturally as he did, speaking over her. It was only when there was a sizable pause that Stare realised what exactly she was doing.

Her beak halves parted and she looked at him, eyes wide. Vitruvion took a moment to pause, frown slightly and delve into her mind. Then he read her thoughts, saw the clear visual examples she could think of and his entire face was suddenly gleaming with pride.

Stare looked down, her heart thumping in her chest with the realisation. The fact she had so easily slipped into a conversation with him on his terms and not thought about her life situation in all that time. Her eyes scoured the map, though really blindly as she thought about what had just happened, and how all of her reluctance to her world had faded to naught.

"Stare."

Unsteadily she ran a hand through the feathers at her skull. "Hmm," she grunted lightly and softly, not wanting to acknowledge any of it.

"That is all I want from you. Good conversation, respect and understanding." He paused and said quieter, "As Raevin told you earlier, I have no intention of ever letting you go. Even if you become the most belligerent being." He leant forwards, "Though that was good. Do not feel shame that you genuinely acted with me as you should."

Stare dropped her eyes. She scratched her skin beneath the feathers of her arm awkwardly and breathed slowly.

"Anyway," he said still with warm tones in his voice. "What I suggest now is-"

Bong ...