"I am death!" I hissed with glee as my battle became legend.

My companion - I knew not what was of him. My own personal fight was with this beast, and this beast alone. Destiny and I were an art, a poem written by the ancient people that would be sung in melody for years to come.

As more of my golden dust blood poured from my arm I cried and thrust again and again. I parried a mighty upwards thrust of the tusks, then swung back with a swift step back and a broad sweep of my naginata. He responded with a grunt - a snarling, snorting type - and bounded forwards like an eager dog to its master.

Hissing I kicked up with a claw of mine, briefly taking to the sky for a single moment, flying like my darling close kin, before I landed on his ... Face. There I scrabbled, angrily, frustrated. I was a raging fire, hating the fact he was not dead yet, that I did not smell that gorgeous, burnt, seductive scent.

The scent of death.

I aimed for his eye. Savagely he tossed back his mighty head and I was thrown upwards and back. Briefly again I was flying - and then slam I was against a tree. It was a loud, resounding echo that could send shivers of fear through any spine. Slowly I slid down and I felt my arm popping out of its socket.

Pop. Pain.

I began laughing as my useless arm hung by my side. I watched as Erik and the treant briefly grappled, and then hacked at it, sending splinters flying. My attention was then back at Destiny began running and me and I - I began to laugh.

"Ha hahahaa. Hahaha. Ha!"

The dire boar yelled, twisting on hoof and racing.

"Ha! Ha! Hahaha. HAHAHAHHA!"

I was eclectic. I was mad. I was full of the waiting of the death scent. I knew I wanted to smell it, wanted it to fill my nostrils, let me drown in its glory.

"Death!" I yelled. And I grabbed the glove from my working hand.

Shoving it up in front of me I let my naginata position lying beisde me, and my dislocated shoulder hang limply. I was down, a horror was coming for me, possibly to kill me ... And I was laughing.

Only laughing.

Flesh met undead flesh. I shrieked in pain as the power began to surge through me, and my claws ... Ripped. Ripped through skin of the beast before me and began to eat skin.

Destiny gasped as the necrosis set in, and slipped to the side ... Landing his throat right on my naginata. Blood spurted, his flesh slipped from my claws that were now wet with crimson. The pain from the contact vanished, but I was left wounded, a dire boar on top.

I had become death.