Aloxia was entirely owned by a very prestigious trading guild that did work in almost every developed country in the world, including the famed golden port of Dehlos. It bowed to no king or country, and thus has its own laws. That being said, the land was something out of a storybook. The water and sky were the deepest, richest color of blue imaginable. Not a cloud was around to block the radiant rays of the sun, and the breeze was never more than a gentle kiss upon your skin. It was a literal paradise. The rains came courtesy of weather magicians, and on a timely manner every seventh day. As the ship drew closer, people began to prepare to land. Being a pleasure cruise, many passengers stood idly about as the actual sailors went about work. Many had drinks in their hands; some were busy chatting about what they were going to do when they arrived.

Vince chewed his lips for a moment, attempting to figure out how exactly broach this next step. Knowing Rayleigh, she was not going to be entirely pleased with this next bit of news. “Okay…” he paused. His companion turned to him, eyebrow raised.

“There’s more?” She asked slightly annoyed.

“It’s for the mission.” Vincent responded fidgeting slightly.

“That doesn’t seem very reassuring Vincent.”

“So it’s incredibly hard to get a room on the Island on the Sun,” The scholar started. “Usually it involves a whoooole lot of money.” He turned and leaned on the guard rail and fidgeted for a moment. “They also only allow certain clientele in as well…” He paused for a moment. “Normally you have to be rich, or famous, or both.” He drummed his hands on the rail and sighed. “So I got an invitation after killing Pode, but in order for me to get you here…” he trailed off.

“What did you do Vincent?” The mechanic asked growling.

“I maaaaay have told them that we were…” he paused and fidgeted his hands. “…married.”

“Excuse me?” Rayleigh asked turning to glare at the scholar. First the ridiculous outfit, now they were suddenly betrothed. “How does that help with the mission?” she snapped.

“I needed to get you on the island. I told them it was our honeymoon, so now it won’t look strange when we are going around surveilling everything.” He paused for a moment. “We’re looking for an artifact of utmost importance; we can’t possibly let it fall into the wrong hands.” He turned and looked at her. “Will you marry me for a few days so we can get this done?” The mechanic sighed for a moment and rubbed her temples.

“It’s for the mission?” She asked turning back to him.

“It’s for the mission.” Vincent replied nodding. The woman groaned as she turned back to Vincent.

“Fine,” she huffed “Any other issues I should know about?”

“Not that I’m aware.” Vince replied looking up to see that the boat was pulling into the port now. “But I suggest you go get your luggage…” he paused and then added with a smirk, “Dear.”