Well hey there Nevin! You already know that you are a good writer I have told you this. By the way if you want criticism well I'm not your guy.

What I like about Nevin is that he's less about combat, and more about adventure, and discovery. As proven by J.R.R Tolkien an adventure does not require warriors, they help but it really takes an inquisitive mind willing to say "what is that?" Nevin says that a lot, you're not afraid to have Nevin get lost, loose him in his train of thought, and put him into danger. This was established right from the first few paragraphs. Further, you are nothing but single minded in your character, hardly a post goes by where you don't mention something that is involved with alchemy. He ~is~ an alchemist, he is ~the~ alchemist yes, Nevin is a blood mage, but he is very good at alchemy. Ever see that episode of Star Trek Deep Space 9 where Garek after his shop blows up, his dad gets captured by the Jem Ha'dar, and he has nothing, and at the end of the Episode he says "Do you know what the sad part is, Odo? I'm a very good tailor" I get that kind of vibe from Nevin. He really wants to be a blood mage, but is put into a position where he has to pretend to be a alchemist, and so he's be came the very best alchemist he can be. If I am wrong than sorry but that is how I perceive your character in most of your threads.