Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stare looked over to the guard who was pausing in the doorway. “Could you please ask about tea being brought here? There should be some of Vitruvion's guards in the first hall outside Sable's room?”

Pleasantly, she smiled. The guard grunted, and nodded before stepping back and closing the door. There was a light scrape as his boots carried him away. Stare waited a moment, letting the seconds ticked by before looking back to Pride.

“Vitruvion was going to send for you himself.”

Pride nodded, “I know, but the idea struck me. Tinash is currently having dinner with his other guest, Angel.”

It was surprising to the kenku to hear how easily Pride said, 'guest.’ And 'dinner’ too, she said it smoothly, as if it was really just food and no other connotations.

“I see,” Stare nodded, before gesturing to a seat. “Please.”

Pride smiled before sinking down. Once more Stare caught a glimpse of her shimmering skin again, iridescent like pearls. She looked into the aura sight, but this time with the view to concentrate on Pride's age and race. Stare saw a strange fae essence to the woman, and knowledge that she was into her early thirties.

“You're … part Fae?”

A look of surprise flittered over Pride's face as she sat down. “How do know that?”

“My eyes see more than most,” she shrugged.

Pride paused a moment before nodding. “Oh. Right. Well to answer your question, yes I am. It's believed my great, great grandfather was a kind of one. So, very diluted. My grandmother lived until he was a hundred and ten, so there is only some benefit.”

It made sense. Though still did not answer how Pride had got magic now, suddenly. Fae had mirror realms to Althanas, it was said, but they were connected still to it. It was entire other planets that gave access to the magic only. That or have the creator of the enchantment, Vitruvion, as your god. That also helped. But they would wait for Vitruvion to be able to discuss the reasons as to why Pride had been able to do what she can.

“Have I caused an issue coming now?” Pride asked with uncertainty.

The kenku took in a breath and shook her head. “It's fine. Don't worry, there is just a lot on my mind.”

The woman looked at her intrigued a moment. “You … can I ask about your work?”

Stare raised her brow. “My … work?”

“About how you moved from here to there,” she pointed upwards, gesturing to the surface.

Surprise came into Stare's eyes. Her beak parted and she moved back slightly. “That's not - not … the point of our conversation here. Of you being here. You know I work as Vitruvion's steward. That's all there really is to know.”

“Sorry,” Pride said quietly, realising that it had caused some consternation.

Stare nodded quickly. And decided it was time to change the conversation.

“Did you have powers? Magic, before you came to the Hollow?”
    Last edited by Philomel; 01-17-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."