“Hello?”

A very polite, knock on wood.

Stare looked up in alarm, eyes opening wide as was caught off guard. She sat in the armchair - 'her’ armchair - in the blue room, a large book open on her lap. In her hand she held a quill, and beside her on a coffee table was spread various documents and papers.

By the door stood the brown haired, green eyed young woman. There was a soft smile on her lips and a dance of joy in her eyes. Still her fist lay on the open door from where she had knocked. A very quick glimpse into the aura told her this was a human, at the age of twenty three.

Young for a human.

“Hi …” Stare said slowly, her hand slowly moving to rest the quill on the page. “You came with Maester Rafael right?”

The smile grew as the woman stood straighter, moving her hands to be in front of her. Giving a small wave she took the introduction as an invitation came in and took a couple of slow steps forwards as she spoke further.

“I am Guilia,” Guilia said, making the name sound beautiful and wondrous. She spoke in a fine, exotic tone that whispered of sandy beaches and wild seas. Stare could see now that she had the same tanned skin as Rafael. “And you must be Stare, right?”

Taking a moment to slowly move pen from the book - it was clear she was not going to be able to finish her objective of doing the house accounts just now - Stare nodded slightly.

“Yes … I am.”

Guilia’s eyes flickered to the book and down. “Ah, sorry, am I disturbing your work?”

The kenku shrugged a little. “If you are willing to wait five minutes I was almost done.”

Guilia nodded almost right away and shifted to stand near the centre of the room. Her smile by now was miraculous. “Of course!”

And she cupped her hands in front of her and went absolutely silent. Stare raised her brow and watched her for a moment, intrigued in the way that the woman almost went entirely still before she nodded at a sofa. “You can sit down if you want?”

With surprise Guilia looked from the chair to Stare. “Is - is that allowed?”

Stare blinked and gestured at it again before opening her book fully up and picking up the pen. “Of course. It's just a sofa.”

“But does it not belong to your master? Does he not-”

The kenku couldn't help but smile in her eyes. “Guilia, this is a Tuesday. On a Tuesday this room is mine for all business and related matters. You are very welcome to sit or stand, especially in here, right now, as you like.”

Guilia, for a moment, seemed lost in indecision, but then she nodded, grinning. Carefully, she sat, folding her hands on her lap and ensuring her dress was still in perfect condition. Stare nodded once to her again, before dipping the end of the pen in ink. Then, very delicately, she began scribing the remainder of the accounts.