Although he was honestly sure that his half-brother, which ever one it was, was likely striding around telling everyone his true heritage.

Nevin saw the fury, the anger, and heard the vitriol. He slowly sat down on the stool, and clasped his hands in his lap as he watched Vitruvion. He waited as the being in front of him calmed down, staying quiet until the veins that had started to stand out had receded as he took deep breaths. When Nevin was fairly confident the other man wasn’t about to attack him, he shook his head slowly, his hair dancing against the back of his neck as he did so.

“It’s… that’s not quite right though, is it?” His voice was very, very calm, and quiet. Nevin carefully watched Vitruvion, and caught the fact that the other man went totally still. “You’re right, Stare did say that earlier. But - she then avoided me, fled from me, which she’s never done before. I thought something was wrong about it when that happened, but I was not going to press her. I’d put it out of my mind, you know.” He took a deep breath.

“But you brought it up.” Nevin rubbed his face with one hand. “It took a powerful demon - one that is made even stronger by the fact that he has a church that worships him - to break your magic. You have a mental connection that reaches across continents with no sign of weakness or faltering at all. Stare has seen divine magic in you - and when she tried to explain it, she lied or tried to hide something from me. But, if you were a half-celestial, then nothing would have been needing to stay hidden there. And the other - he who calls himself a godling - has the power to actually bully and command the demon that broke your magic on Stare, the magic on that cuff. And… ‘There are enough of them’.” He focused his eyes back on Vitruvion.

“You’re much more than just a half-celestial. But why would you need to hide your true nature? The Thaynes run around enough as it is. No - you…. You were aware of alternate planes. Not just aware, you seem familiar with them. Is that right?” Was Vitruvion - was Vitruvion similar in nature to him? Divinity from another plane of existence? Or - perhaps the other way around, as Nevin was still finding out what he was, while Vitruvion knew. “You’re… foreign. A…” His mind tried to balk, but a core of something inside of him lashed out, forcing his mind to say the words.

“Are you a god?”

Vitruvion stared, eyes locked onto Nevin. The alchemist didn’t know if that meant that he was entirely wrong - or entirely right.