Within the tunnel of his vision, Shinsou began to speak in slow motion.

"Cats, you stupid ass. Need to CLEAN up the Cats!

What? I don't see any goddamned cats around here.

"You don't have any cats, there's only the floor-flame to worry about."

Joshua mentioned a thunderbolt unleashing his power; the power of the smoke bubbled around Storm's brain as he attempted to process the request. He held firm to the arms of the chair he had floated into, marveling at the squishiness of his fingertips as he pressed them into the underside of the wooden arms. Glancing down, the lacquer upon the hardwood continued to bubble and burn, an amazing observation when coupled with no one doing anything about it. Eyelids itchy, he rubbed at his temples as he considered firing a bolt of energy at the Breaker.

"We need to focus on what's real, and forget the goddamned cats, man. It's the f*cking fire that's going to kill us here, if we don't get up and out and hitch a ride out of town. I just need to know I can get out of here any time I want."

Storm stared at the flames about him, realizing with some embarrassment it was the polish that was melting and bubbling atop the wood, but probably not entirely aflame. Screw them, he considered. I may be wrong about the fire but there sure as shit aren't any f*cking cats.

Taking his drink, Storm tossed the mead atop the bubbling hardwood, watching the water splash harmlessly on the ground without slowing the spread of the blaze.

Gods almighty... it's magic flames.