“Did anyone get it?” Breaker asked as he arrived in the room, panting.

“Get what?” Shinsou asked.

“My time!” Josh said, shadow-boxing furiously. “I just ran around Lyridia!”

“You just - what?” The less familiar man turned from where he was studying a painting.

“This guy,” Breaker said, gesturing at Shinsou, “he’s complaining about cats. Wait until he starts seeing the rattlesnakes.” His sharp hazel eyes whipped back toward the salt and pepper sorcerer. “But I recognize you, Storm Veritas. From tales and shared memories. Strike me with one of your thunderbolts, and you’ll meet the true Breaker!”

“Can the true Breaker get me a fucking drink?” Storm demanded. Regardless of where they were previously, all three men were now sat down at the table together. Storm had a drink that had been brought by a server and Breaker had a fresh one since he’d broken his, and Shinsou had a foamy mug of ale which he preferred for some ungodly reason. “House best,” he called it.

“You squirrelly fucks might be actual squirrels!” Storm shouted. The herb had a powerful hold on him.

“Cats Storm, not squirrels,” Shinsou reminded his partner. Not that kind of partner. “We’re having a cat problem. Didn’t you slay a few felines when they attacked the shores near Gisela?”

“I understand what this is all about.” Breaker said suddenly, sitting upright in his chair. His hazel gaze flickered from one man to the other. “You want me to become a third leader of the Brotherhood, don’t you?”

The question hung in the air as the Castigar commanders considered the sudden proposal. Practically vibrating, Breaker popped another fried mushroom in his mouth and chewed patiently. And quickly. Very very beautifully quickly.